3 point linkage side shift

massey 6480

Right lads . Need to make as per the title a 3 point linkage side shift frame . Plan is to be able to mount an auger feed bucket on it and side shift it 600mm to one side .
Something similar to this
https://www.wifo.nl/en/products/agr...fts/three-point-linkage-side-shift-heavy-duty
Producten-104-attachment1_DSDZ.jpg

What im wondering is what size shaft shaft should i use for it to slide on . Was thinking 50mm shaft and a heavy wall bushing would fit neatly into a 100 x 100 x 6 box for the frame . All opinions appreciated .

Right lads . Need to make as per the title a 3 point linkage side shift frame . Plan is to be able to mount an auger feed bucket on it and side shift it 600mm to one side .
Something similar to this
https://www.wifo.nl/en/products/agr...fts/three-point-linkage-side-shift-heavy-duty
Producten-104-attachment1_DSDZ.jpg

What im wondering is what size shaft shaft should i use for it to slide on . Was thinking 50mm shaft and a heavy wall bushing would fit neatly into a 100 x 100 x 6 box for the frame . All opinions appreciated .

By the time you've bought n made summat like that with the Rams, steel n piping it would be as cheap to buy ??? Unless you have that kinda stuff hanging round. O course

Reactions: Paw
The price is around €5k probably plus vat, I'd say €1k would buy a good few materials but it's very heavy duty so minimum 50mm slide shaft and minimum 20mm walled bushings. Picture looks like 70mm shaft, A handy ram should push it.

that would be a good job for a front buckrake!
Slide it over to drive near walls!

Does the whole bucket need to side shift?
Would a spout do? A folding one at that.

Spout doesnt work well . Tried one before . Meal doesnt flow well .Tried an auger extension but too awkard having to take it on and off between fields . It need`s to drop from the bucket in to a trough . Hence the idea of sideshift .
Does the whole bucket need to side shift?
Would a spout do? A folding one at that.

Reactions: AYF
Was thinking of en24 grade 50mm bar . Would i need 20mm wall bushings . Have an 80mm bore 40 mm rod ram for it .
The price is around €5k probably plus vat, I'd say €1k would buy a good few materials but it's very heavy duty so minimum 50mm slide shaft and minimum 20mm walled bushings. Picture looks like 70mm shaft, A handy ram should push it.

10 mm bushes would probably be fine as the shaft strength is more important.. That ram sounds grand for the job.

Spout doesnt work well . Tried one before . Meal doesnt flow well .Tried an auger extension but too awkard having to take it on and off between fields . It need`s to drop from the bucket in to a trough . Hence the idea of sideshift .
See what you mean
Could it be hitched on 600mm to one side? Or would that put it out too much on the road?

How about a small conveyor belt that folds up when not in use, can’t cost that much?

See what you mean
Could it be hitched on 600mm to one side? Or would that put it out too much on the road?

It would stick out too far on the road really . Good bit of roadwork involved so neat for the road is better .

Is it on the same tractor every time?

A ram in place of a stabaliser arm.
Then hitch slightly ofset but counter it with the ram, keeping it tidy on the road.
Then shift over for use.

Had`nt thought of that .But the option of only been able to be used on one tractor rule`s it out .
Is it on the same tractor every time?

A ram in place of a stabaliser arm.
Then hitch slightly ofset but counter it with the ram, keeping it tidy on the road.
Then shift over for use.

@MF30 or any one else with an opinion . Question on steel strength. Difference in cost between en8 and en24t is smallish . My question is ,is the en24t too hard a steel . Would it be more likely to snap rather than flex compared to en8 grade steel ?

@MF30 or any one else with an opinion . Question on steel strength. Difference in cost between en8 and en24t is smallish . My question is ,is the en24t too hard a steel . Would it be more likely to snap rather than flex compared to en8 grade steel ?
I’d be surprised to see EN24T snap but its properties are really for hard wearing rather than against bending. Not sure if EN8 would be more suitable as its less hard but it’s not a very long piece we’re talking about here, is it? Sorry, I couldn’t give you the correct answer as the loads to be imposed on it laterally are unknown.

It`s 750mm long piece it has to slide along . It will be under the most load when filling the bucket but will be supported then by central support . The pic might explain it better . The bucket when full will hold circa 1000kg .

View attachment 86979

I’d be surprised to see EN24T snap but its properties are really for hard wearing rather than against bending. Not sure if EN8 would be more suitable as its less hard but it’s not a very long piece we’re talking about here, is it? Sorry, I couldn’t give you the correct answer as the loads to be imposed on it laterally are unknown.

Attachments

• drawing.PNG
    drawing.PNG
    22.8 KB · Views: 22
It`s 750mm long piece it has to slide along . It will be under the most load when filling the bucket but will be supported then by central support . The pic might explain it better . The bucket when full will hold circa 1000kg .

View attachment 86979
I’d say you will have no problem, on a JCB 3cx the front pallet forks are mounted on a 45mm shaft on top of the bucket and each one can slide along about 900mm. I’ve lifted 2.5 tons with them with very little flexing.

View attachment 86979
I'd be using EN8 anyway, 50mm is a big bar, i'm sure you'll have no problem.

Obviously we expect pics when you start.:weld:

Back