50-70hp Tractors

Thomas8210

Evening all, hope things are good with everyone.
Considering buying a fresh/new 2wd 50-70hp tractor, NH T4, MF 4700 etc just a handy wee tractor about the place and can spread dung, top, haybob, straw chopper etc have the T6.145 and loader for the bigger heavier jobs.

Just wondering of people on here are running anything similar, not particularly tied to any brand, if we go new finance package and warranty and back up will be main deciders on what we choose.

Here's an example of the type of thing we want
download.jpeg

Considering buying a fresh/new 2wd 50-70hp tractor, NH T4, MF 4700 etc just a handy wee tractor about the place and can spread dung, top, haybob, straw chopper etc have the T6.145 and loader for the bigger heavier jobs.

Just wondering of people on here are running anything similar, not particularly tied to any brand, if we go new finance package and warranty and back up will be main deciders on what we choose.

View attachment 93889
You’ll want a minimum of 70 hp to handle a topper, dung spreader and straw blower, for the latter a decent oil flow is important too.

You’ll want a minimum of 70 hp to handle a topper, dung spreader and straw blower, for the latter a decent oil flow is important too.
Eh? Our 4100 which is 52hp managed all them jobs fine, just want something more modern

Eh? Our 4100 which is 52hp managed all them jobs fine, just want something more modern
Suppose it depends what size topper and spreader you use, an 8 ft mounted topper is a fair side pull while topping across a hill, 9 cubic meter dungspreader uses a few hp while at full whack.

Suppose it depends what size topper and spreader you use, an 8 ft mounted topper is a fair side pull while topping across a hill, 9 cubic meter dungspreader uses a few hp while at full whack.
All them things are unsuitable for our ground. Side mounted toppers don't suit as all weight is on one wheel and ends up cutting through the sod and you get stuck. We had a 6ft lsm but it was crap so sold it, when we get a tractor we will get a topper to suit it, probably a 7 or 8 ft semi offset. Same as dung spreader, we bought a new 4cube Fleming on floatation tyres this year, anything bigger is too heavy.
We farm on a bog/hill so have to be selective with the machinery we use, heavy machinery just stunts the grass and we get fined by DAERA if we make any ruts etc, in a sensitive area so need to watch what we do.

Draining a bit a few years ago, about 6ft of peat before get to the clay that holds the water. Just making the most of what we got. Inherited it 2003, rashes where so tall that when granda topped it with the 35x and taarup double chop all we could see what the top of the exhaust and top of his cap. Looks well now compared to back then
Screenshot_20210627_220444_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Screenshot_20210627_220438_com.facebook.katana.jpg

View attachment 93889
What are you using to do these jobs with at the minute

I'd find it hard to see 4wd being a big disadvantage in such land. But only you know what you want/need.
From my brief glances at the the models you have mentioned, I got the impression that these new tractors are significantly lighter built than the equivalent hp tractor from 30 yrs ago like a Ford 5610, I may be incorrect in that.

I'd find it hard to see 4wd being a big disadvantage in such land. But only you know what you want/need.
From my brief glances at the the models you have mentioned, I got the impression that these new tractors are significantly lighter built than the equivalent hp tractor from 30 yrs ago like a Ford 5610, I may be incorrect in that.
What weight would a Ford 5610 be
A new Landini 4 Series 2WD is 2950kg and a 4WD is 3200kg

What are you using to do these jobs with at the minute
Nothing, sold the 4100 at the end of March and aren't allowed to do field work from 15 April to 15 July so haven't needed to do anything atm, T6 has been doing the work on the other ground.
We find 2wd with bigger front tyres floats better than a 4wd on our ground

Is a T4 the modern equivalent of a TD , Turkish built ?

And T4S newer 5050 ?
T4S is sold as the workmaster in the states, its aimed at the buyer who wants no frills. Same applies in europe, just a different model name

T4 is sold in the states as the Utility, offers higher spec and comfort, a lot of them sold into council and sports turf users.

TD5 is bigger than both but is a no frills offering too. If you want one be quick as they are now end of series, so whatever dealers have on order is all that is left.

Back