5030 Radiator

muckymanor

Anyone advise me where I might get a parts code for the radiator on my ford 5030?
It sprang a small leak yesterday at the top seam. Mechanic looked at it today and reckons that it can't be repaired (and that possibly it is full of gunk.) He seems to think that the basic radiator from a 4 cylinder ford will fit it but I want to be sure before I go spending money on it. Ideally I'd take it out, but it still holds water up to the top of the fins and it is needed around the yard for the next week.

I can find an american code 81877102, but cannot find this rad for sale anywhere this side of the water.

Anyone got any ideas?

F0NN8005DC15M is the no.coming up on the UK CNH parts site but it seems to correspond with your other pt. no. and doesn't tie in with any other Fords other than the rest of the 4 cyl 30 series. Not much help I know...
If it's a copper or aluminium top tank soldered to the core, rather than plastic,there's no reason it can't be repaired. It might sound a little crude,but the top of the tank could be cut open with a thin disc and the cores rodded.A handy person with a blow torch and a roll of solder will close it up again.

F0NN8005DC15M is the no.coming up on the UK CNH parts site but it seems to correspond with your other pt. no. and doesn't tie in with any other Fords other than the rest of the 4 cyl 30 series. Not much help I know...
If it's a copper or aluminium top tank soldered to the core, rather than plastic,there's no reason it can't be repaired. It might sound a little crude,but the top of the tank could be cut open with a thin disc and the cores rodded.A handy person with a blow torch and a roll of solder will close it up again.
It developed a load of pin holes across the top of it when the water pump failed, it heated up and pressure built up. Luckily I spotted the temp gauge going up, stopped working it and got it cooled before it went into the red and boiled.

It looks identical to an ordinary ford rad. I have contacted the Ford dealer to see if they have anything. Of not, I'll have to take it off, bring it to dealers and see if there is anything to match it.

Well I established today that they are not available as spurious. Only available as genuine from Ford New Holland. One quote in at €1348 + VAT and the other €700+ VAT. Hard to know how one NH dealer can justify charging twice the price of the other.

Definitely going to have to look at getting it repaired or remanufactured.

There is a place in Cork that makes radiators for tractor ,I have heard of prices something like E350 I think they go by Cork radiators

Well I established today that they are not available as spurious. Only available as genuine from Ford New Holland. One quote in at €1348 + VAT and the other €700+ VAT. Hard to know how one NH dealer can justify charging twice the price of the other.

I’m gobsmacked reading those prices for such a tractor.
If your own can’t be repaired Could you retro fit another ford radiator. They are savage prices.

One could have it in stock on a shelf for the last 20 years and the other could have to get it as a special order. I heard of a spurious radiator for a 110hp Finnish tractor brand that doesn't usually break down costing €800 lately.

Any rad I ever got cost over 700 euro.
Mucky is the rad leaking at the top of the core where its joined to the top what could be called the header tank

Any rad I ever got cost over 700 euro.
Mucky is the rad leaking at the top of the core where its joined to the top what could be called the header tank
I suppose the fact that other ford rads without oil cooler can be got at €200 to €300 for the same size tractor (4610) just makes it feel like a bit of a rip off.

Yes, its at the seam where the top of the core joins to the top of the tank.

I’m gobsmacked reading those prices for such a tractor.
If your own can’t be repaired Could you retro fit another ford radiator. They are savage prices.
That is a possibility that we will need to explore once we get it off. But it is unlikely. This rad had indents on the top and bottom of one side which allows hydraulic pipes run to the separate oil cooler that is located in front of the radiator. Will certainly check out the possibility of retro fitting one though.

I suppose the fact that other ford rads without oil cooler can be got at €200 to €300 for the same size tractor (4610) just makes it feel like a bit of a rip off.

That should be able to be fixed no problem.
I had one do that no so long ago it was pissing out along there and the local rad guy had it fixed in about 5 minutes

It's a 4cyl block so has to have the cooler compared to the 3cyl 4610.

Does a 5610 radiator fit?

Some of the problem is that these are really a bitsa tractor

It's a 4cyl block so has to have the cooler compared to the 3cyl 4610.

Does a 5610 radiator fit?

Some of the problem is that these are really a bitsa tractor
The cooler is in front of the rad. The rad has an indent in the top and bottom of the left side to let the pipes run to the cooler.

Its a different rad to the 5610. That's not saying that it won't fit, the pipes might still be able to get past it. I'll know more when we get it out tomorrow.

The cooler is in front of the rad. The rad has an indent in the top and bottom of the left side to let the pipes run to the cooler.

Its a different rad to the 5610. That's not saying that it won't fit, the pipes might still be able to get past it. I'll know more when we get it out tomorrow.

Can’t check it now but both the 6600 And the 7000 dual power had the oil cooler in front of the radiator so maybe they had the same indent ?

Can’t check it now but both the 6600 And the 7000 dual power had the oil cooler in front of the radiator so maybe they had the same indent

Just checked both. There is no indent in them. Both use a generic and cheaper radiator.

Just checked both. There is no indent in them. Both use a generic and cheaper radiator.
Sound. I can’t check the one I have as at other end of country. The pipes must transition under the radiator in the 7000 so… I’m not sire amd can’t get to them to check.

We got the rad out yesterday morning and had time to compare it to several other ford rads at a local dealers. It is approximately 3" lower than the only rad that resembles it (a 10 series rad) and therefore would not line up for the pipes or the fan with the cowel on it. We have definitely decided that the best option is to get it repaired and rebuilt if necessary.

Mechanic is seasoned having spent over 20 years working for a large civil engineering outfit in the west and in recent years he has been working in the midlands. He has experience of having a lot of rads being repaired and advises that in recent times, the best place to get it done is in kilcock radiators in clane. So we will make contact with them tomorrow and hopefully get it to them by courier the following day. Luckily we have the maxxum to fill in but it is not a handy type tractor for topping and the likes. Hopefully we will have the ford back together in the next week or 2.

Google abbey radiators Limerick and give them a bell.

May not be able to do anything for you .but saved me a lot of money on jeep rad.

Carlow Radiators I have got 2 radiators from . Could be 12 or 13 years ago now.
A relative got a fad for a 3 CX from the last year , and seemed happy with it .

The lads in Kilcock roads are the best at what they do. I used to have coolers and heat exchangers in all the rad crowds for repair and cleaning and the lads in Kilcock were best. In the end we would bring coolers from Casltetown bere / Dingle or wherever we were working to them.

The rad's core is completely blocked. They describe it as an oddball radiator - rads of its size are normally 3 core, but it is a 4 core. Because of this, cores have to be specially made up for it. Rad will be fully rebuilt by them at a good bit less than half the price of a new one.

The rad's core is completely blocked. They describe it as an oddball radiator - rads of its size are normally 3 core, but it is a 4 core. Because of this, cores have to be specially made up for it. Rad will be fully rebuilt by them at a good bit less than half the price of a new one.
Thought they could fit a 3 core into a 4 core rad, the cores in a 3 core are bigger usually.

Back