a few of our machines

Attachments

• IMG_20210112_202902.jpg
    IMG_20210112_202902.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Snapchat-534574903__01.jpg
    Snapchat-534574903__01.jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 142
I knew I'd seen those bright yellow stickers before.
Oh wow,thats a good few years ago now,i sowed some amount of stuff with that barrow over the years,bought it off a local friend/contractor id say near 20 years ago,and the same man was killed this year in a farm accident,
Was it yourself that bought it off me?

@jd-baz do you make up the lights, they are not the standard bogballe ones are they?
Make them up here myself,don’t even bother checking if lights are working on them or not,just cut them off and fit those, have used 100’s of those lights now,everything thing here or that comes for a let of lights gets them

Oh wow,thats a good few years ago now,i sowed some amount of stuff with that barrow over the years,bought it off a local friend/contractor id say near 20 years ago,and the same man was killed this year in a farm accident,
Was it yourself that bought it off me?
It's a while alright. Maybe 8 years? My father went up for it. I saw it on done deal at work one day and it was nearly at home before me in the evening.
It makes sense now, I remember him talking about the fleet of mint JD's and the trailer with the torsion bar suspension.
Sorry to hear about your friend.

first one was on a tillage farm,second came through a dealer but was a stock man,
i might of said this here before,about 2 years ago i remember looking at 16 spreaders in 9/10 locations in the uk in 2 days but i only bought 4 of them.
If you dont mind me asking ,how will Brexit impact on the imports of machinery into this country going forward I seen an article that mentioned stuff must be cleaned thoroughly from now on but have not seen much else on what I imagine is a substantial amount of equipment landing in this country each year

If you dont mind me asking ,how will Brexit impact on the imports of machinery into this country going forward I seen an article that mentioned stuff must be cleaned thoroughly from now on but have not seen much else on what I imagine is a substantial amount of equipment landing in this country each year
Its not looking like it’s going to be easy,between using brokers to do the paper work for the customs and i got this email yesterday

Heads up for this week as things are stepping up this week at the ports regarding goods coming in.

Machinery Imports

Used agricultural and forestry machinery from GB
does
require a phytosanitary certificate and it needs to be notified on TRACES NT under a CHED PP

The Phytosanitary Certificate (PC) for used agricultural and forestry machinery moving from GB to NI should state “
the machinery is cleaned and free from soil.”

I also got something from another haulier and it was similar but cant seem to find it now,but just said similar but that if it not clean the machine will be sent back to sender.
So its a disaster,it may take a few weeks for it to settle abit,well thats what im hoping....
There was also mention that all machines will need a serial number and most items will need similar,cant see that working to be honest,

It's a while alright. Maybe 8 years? My father went up for it. I saw it on done deal at work one day and it was nearly at home before me in the evening.
It makes sense now, I remember him talking about the fleet of mint JD's and the trailer with the torsion bar suspension.
Sorry to hear about your friend.
Its that anyway,few years ago alright,nice to see her still at it,

Its not looking like it’s going to be easy,between using brokers to do the paper work for the customs and i got this email yesterday

Heads up for this week as things are stepping up this week at the ports regarding goods coming in.

Machinery Imports

Used agricultural and forestry machinery from GB
does
require a phytosanitary certificate and it needs to be notified on TRACES NT under a CHED PP

The Phytosanitary Certificate (PC) for used agricultural and forestry machinery moving from GB to NI should state “
the machinery is cleaned and free from soil.”

I also got something from another haulier and it was similar but cant seem to find it now,but just said similar but that if it not clean the machine will be sent back to sender.
So its a disaster,it may take a few weeks for it to settle abit,well thats what im hoping....
There was also mention that all machines will need a serial number and most items will need similar,cant see that working to be honest,
Sorry to be filling youre thread with off topic stuff, but as you said I can’t see it working altogether at all. A fella I know shifts a lot of plant back from the uk weekly and he’s not too optimistic on the outlook yet, can see it making stuff from the uk to Ireland being costly

A little 1130 I bought back in 2019,was after buying the 1120 6/8 months previous but I always wanted a 30,went to look at it and couldn’t leave it behind me,1975 model,only done a few small jobs on her but running perfect.got her out last week to line up a few bales for the wrapper.0CE76BB7-09CB-487B-B3E8-7D42415DA06F.jpegCB754F64-0BFC-4F57-BE67-0B5E6A5D8B45.jpeg

A little 1130 I bought back in 2019,was after buying the 1120 6/8 months previous but I always wanted a 30,went to look at it and couldn’t leave it behind me,1975 model,only done a few small jobs on her but running perfect.got her out last week to line up a few bales for the wrapper.
How do these compare in terms of spec to what was on the market at the time?

How do these compare in terms of spec to what was on the market at the time?
some of the older members may be able to help on that,but it has power steering ,independent pto , independent brakes ,and probably a few other bits, i have a 1120 which is really identical but it would be as the same era as a 253 leyland we also have and it would be alot more higher spec in comparison to it

A little 1130 I bought back in 2019,was after buying the 1120 6/8 months previous but I always wanted a 30,went to look at it and couldn’t leave it behind me,1975 model,only done a few small jobs on her but running perfect.got her out last week to line up a few bales for the wrapper.View attachment 94293View attachment 94294
That's a rather smart example, you'd off been propered chuffed to get the new key for that back in the day 👍👍👍

jd ,is it just the one leg on the mole plough at the back or 3 legs at different depths
have seen your sprayer a few times on the bypass and didn't know who it was.
fine machinery,a credit to you

jd ,is it just the one leg on the mole plough at the back or 3 legs at different depths
have seen your sprayer a few times on the bypass and didn't know who it was.
fine machinery,a credit to you
Just the one leg,about 2 ft deep with a 4 inch expander.
Thats her alright,be on the bypass regularly,do you be down this way often?

Just the one leg,about 2 ft deep with a 4 inch expander.
Thats her alright,be on the bypass regularly,do you be down this way often?
ya regular enough,sure if we're heading south ,we've no choice much but pass that way, hate the town though,hoor to get tru it at times,expecially turning at the arms,normally go round the way by flancare

Make up this over a few evenings in the workshop in last few weeks, everything fabricated here bar the rings and centre bearing,all my own design but alot of head scratching,but it seemed to have worked out,
Made up one last year with no paddles and had alot of interest in it,so said id make up another,
Between snapchat facebook and whatsapp i didn’t even have to advertise it and its actually heading to a forum member.
IMG_0315.jpeg
IMG_0317.jpegIMG_0318.jpegIMG_0319.jpegIMG_0321.jpeg

Make up this over a few evenings in the workshop in last few weeks, everything fabricated here bar the rings and centre bearing,all my own design but alot of head scratching,but it seemed to have worked out,
Made up one last year with no paddles and had alot of interest in it,so said id make up another,
Between snapchat facebook and whatsapp i didn’t even have to advertise it and its actually heading to a forum member.
View attachment 129926
View attachment 129927View attachment 129928View attachment 129929View attachment 129930

Fine bit of engineering Barry .

Well wear

@nashmach ...😁

Back