Abbey AP900 Dual Spreader

Never used one of them, but I wouldnt be afraid of one. I think the rotor tips are bolted on, must be better than the Harry West. When they broke, the grinder and welder had to come out to replace them :crying:

You will notice a big difference in output, so much so the SS will be left at home..

Used to hire a Dowdswell for hen stuff & would have cleaned the cattle sheds out while we had it....it didn't like fresh strawy stuff, gave the augers a hard time dealing with it...tho being a hire machine :whistling:.

I mind 1 load was so bad I brought it back in & started it up at the shed door & let it run for half an hour while I did something else...was good to use tho, as you can see how it's spreading.

are the orbitals that bad:001_huh:

In my view yes - leaves lines in a field.

Rear beater the only job. I really can't understand why some farmers think spreading dung with a SS makes sense when a contractor is €60 an hour. With a bit of a draw our man can spread 60t in an hour.

Rear beater the only job. I really can't understand why some farmers think spreading dung with a SS makes sense when a contractor is €60 an hour. With a bit of a draw our man can spread 60t in an hour.

I don't know, but ss works for us anyways. Have the gear so why not :thumbup1:

Yes used an ap900. Good machine, but not a quick as a rear beater, sttill alot better that a side slinger.

are the orbitals that bad:001_huh:
good machine to spread, but dangerous, i know a lad lucky to be alive.

rear beater is fine until a concrete block or similar goes in, not so hot on the soft stuff either.

Yes used an ap900. Good machine, but not a quick as a rear beater, sttill alot better that a side slinger.

Thanks Kieran, good to see you over here!

did he jump in or something?

ive seen plenty of broken rear windows from rear beaters too

the orbital has a front flywheel and stuff is pushed from the back towards it, i know a case where the fly wheel caught and 8" block threw it up 25ft in the air and it came down through the tractor's roof, breaking the lads leg as it landed on his thigh, 6 inches further back, good night irene.

Back