Acreage

He just told everyone he bought one hes a well known lier, he also said he had a 50ft rake coming to.

I think come August there will be ALOT of tackle going rather than coming!!!!:lol:

Certain man in Kilkeel who had a lend of a BigX650 (I think) til his new FR9080 shows up said it is a nightmare on the diesel!!!!!

See the new Fendt chopper will have six feedrollers too.:yes:

I think come August there will be ALOT of tackle going rather than coming!!!!:lol:

Certain man in Kilkeel who had a lend of a BigX650 (I think) til his new FR9080 shows up said it is a nightmare on the diesel!!!!!

See the new Fendt chopper will have six feedrollers too.:yes:

thats a load of shit BT, an FR will use nearly twice as much diesel that a similar harvester with a merc engine.
James it was Porters and Preshoes had the krone on demo.

thats a load of shit BT, an FR will use nearly twice as much diesel that a similar harvester with a merc engine.
James it was Porters and Preshoes had the krone on demo.

The 9080 will as it has the CAT engine and they are sows on diesel, the FX60 was the same, but people buy the name, fair enough . . .

the 9060 is good on diesel better than the BigX 500 i was driving, load for load, ton for ton the FR was easier on diesel,

No,
they went to look at it when Porters had it and Cleet took a go and plugged it up!!!!!!!:lol:
Think there were a few comments on Uncle Hugo about it.:thumbup:

whats the general concept of the big x then BT? seem to be a few new ones knocking around ireland by the sounds of it....

BAC theres no point asking the Claas apprication socity, I'm would be a big claas supporter but in my eyes the new big x's are a well built machine, the one we had on demo was a bit short on power but other wise a very capable machine even thought BT's side kick stalled it

by all accounts i heard it was a good machine - in fact the only 'bad' thing i heard was the machines overall width was a bit much for some of the narrower gates

BAC theres no point asking the Claas apprication socity, I'm would be a big claas supporter but in my eyes the new big x's are a well built machine, the one we had on demo was a bit short on power but other wise a very capable machine even thought BT's side kick stalled it

dont worry, me and BT have had a fair few arguements regarding what is the better machine. I am just wondering if he is finally coming round to considering that the Big X is a worthy competitor to the jags. Other manufacturers are starting to catch claas up, plenty of deere 7000's around here now

by all accounts i heard it was a good machine - in fact the only 'bad' thing i heard was the machines overall width was a bit much for some of the narrower gates

ours sometimes has to shunt around a bit but thats more that the gates are stupidly small and should be doubles!

James the machine is only several inches wider than our claas which is exceptable when you take into account of the feed rollers been nearly 6inches wider. Also the krone comes with a great set of tyres and plenty of ground clearance which a claas lacks!

whats the general concept of the big x then BT? seem to be a few new ones knocking around ireland by the sounds of it....

At the last count there were FOUR in the whole island of Ireland both North and South!!!!!!!!!:scared:
(This may not be completely accurate:whistling:)

That is not counting the three used BigX's sitting at a dealers in Co.Antrim which they can't sell for love nor money.:blushing:
(two ex the same contractor!!!:001_huh:)

BAC,

you know I've always said the BigX is probably a good machine but after all this time the X700 that was here the last few weeks was the first demo machine available here since they have been on the market!!!:ohmy:

I have said a right bit before the problem here in NI at least will be backup AND resale and IF WJM's outfit do go for a BigX1100 if anything goes wrong they will be sitting parked til the mechanics get down from Ballymoney to Drumbo etc and she could be a beast in a wet maize field!!!!!!!:yes:

At the last count there were FOUR in the whole island of Ireland both North and South!!!!!!!!!:scared:
(This may not be completely accurate:whistling:)

That is not counting the three used BigX's sitting at a dealers in Co.Antrim which they can't sell for love nor money.:blushing:
(two ex the same contractor!!!:001_huh:)

BAC,

you know I've always said the BigX is probably a good machine but after all this time the X700 that was here the last few weeks was the first demo machine available here since they have been on the market!!!:ohmy:

I have said a right bit before the problem here in NI at least will be backup AND resale and IF WJM's outfit do go for a BigX1100 if anything goes wrong they will be sitting parked til the mechanics get down from Ballymoney to Drumbo etc and she could be a beast in a wet maize field!!!!!!!:yes:

If the dealer network is that poor then I guess it is understandable.

End of the day, dealer is more important than the actual machine. They all break down at some point. Krone have had a massive revamp of there dealer network over the last 2 years so big things should happen now

are you including the one in louth?

George Ross(:confused1:) is it has two in Co.Cork and its possible there could be a few others about your end of the country I hav'nt heard of.;)
Gamble Bros/Neville Rickey have the two in the North.:yes:

Its still a very VERY small number of machines when they have been about since what 2004?

dont think there is one yet in louth.... i know kevin magee sold 1 into the north, and had 1 on demo with a few lads around.......

i think it may be the ex neville rickey one BT speaks of, its for sale . . .

a neighbour here had one on demo at maize last year, there was an article in the IFJ

Dont know , i know one of the mechanics with Jim Power and he told me a name but it ment nothing to me .

:001_huh: Wonder who that could be. Moss Noonan by any chance. He's up around the Conna area I think. Could be totally wrong too :laugh:

Not Moss , he is my neighbor.

Is he :sweatdrop: Know the name, might have got the location wrong.
His name just popped into my head. By youghal :confused1:, can't think. The contractors I know around the youghal area or thereabouts definately don't have krone's.

Back