Advice on milwaukee impact

Kylemcnamara

Looking for milwaukee impact prefferably half inch. Jobs would include working on relatively handy farm machinery, tractors and miscellaneous things around farm. Car wheels aswell. I don't know how much torque I need or what's the best. I already have 2x milwuakee m18 4.0amp batteries so a bare unit would nearly do as I don't want to spend much on it. 250 to 300 is what I want to spend. I'll post links to what I was thinking. What kind of torque are you looking at to remove tractor wheels?

Mine has 4 settings so you can turn it down, also on at least 2 of the settings once it frees the nut it drops the speed, makes it easier managed, would have to look to see what model it is tho, bluetooth one.

If you want to undo tractor wheel nuts and work at machinery,you need the one that Canyanero suggests. Don't know about the price in ROI,but powertoolmate are selling it for £206 plus vat(@20% in UK) for the bare unit.

I have the big one will have to look at the model tomorrow, it's a serious gun, it will whip off tractor wheels and all but for general use the smaller one is the job, so much lighter and tidier to use.

I really don't see what use the high power 1/2" impact wrenches are?
The one above has 1898Nm of torque, at the 1/2" junction between the wrench and the socket that is 149,449 Newtons of torque. Neither the socket or the wrench are able for that long term, either go for 3/4" or a lower power wrench will be equally as good.

The one above has 1898Nm of torque, at the 1/2" junction between the wrench and the socket that is 149,449 Newtons of torque. Neither the socket or the wrench are able for that long term, either go for 3/4" or a lower power wrench will be equally as good.
I’d agree I have the top one above(mid torque compact one) and it’s hard enough on sockets. I took wheels off a trailer with a 33mm 1/2” drive socket with it the other day. I got the socket just to speed up running them on and off as I’ve a torque multiplier to actually crack them but it’s surprising what the gun will open. I’d still check wheel nuts with a bar with it but it’s enough for a lot of jobs

I have the 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 and 1" milaukee. If they were all took off me tomorrow and i had the choice of only been allowed keep one of them i would pick the 3/4. Best all rounder of the bunch.

I've the original old version of the top model 1/2'' gun.It mostly lives with a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter. Haven't bust an impact socket yet and if it can't remove a tractor wheel nut,a 3/4 air gun won't do it either.If and when it needs replaced,it will be a 3/4 drive one that I'll buy the next time so I don't need the adapter but can always get a reducer for 1/2'' sockets.
Manitou wheel nuts removed today with it and it meant nothing to it.

I've the original old version of the top model 1/2'' gun.It mostly lives with a 1/2 to 3/4 adapter. Haven't bust an impact socket yet and if it can't remove a tractor wheel nut,a 3/4 air gun won't do it either.If and when it needs replaced,it will be a 3/4 drive one that I'll buy the next time so I don't need the adapter but can always get a reducer for 1/2'' sockets.
Manitou wheel nuts removed today with it and it meant nothing to it.
The sockets don't bust, but the 1/2" head and socket receiver aren't up to the high torque longterm.
The cordless impact driver is well up to changing the wheels on the Bateman, but the sockets are not. View attachment 64827 View attachment 64828

The sockets don't bust, but the 1/2" head and socket receiver aren't up to the high torque longterm.
I have the 1/2" as its alot more versatile for when working on cars and jeeps etc.
It's fine for taking off larger stuff if not at it everyday. High torque or nothing for me.
You could get a 3/4 and a reducer to half but often times space is limited working on cars not usually a problem when working at gear which requires a 3/4 drive socket.
1/2 or 3/4 is up to buyer depending on what's its used for more.
Horses for courses.

Have the 1/2" high torque here too. Exceptional tool, would consider the top one suggested here too for work in tighter spots on cars vans etc. Cant fault the high torque for agri and HGV use tho...

Size depends a lot on what you want the tool for. 1/2" upto 19 mm. 22mm upwards i would be inclined to go for the 3/4" impact. Working on a car would be a major amount of 19mm and smaller. Working on farm machinery would have a lot of 22mm nuts and bolts and larger.

Have the half inch high torque great gun plenty of power avoid the one key one my first one didn’t last very long maybe 2 years replaced with the normal one it’s lasted better. In time you could get a small one as well be savage handy on lighter things working on cars etc.

I have the 3/4, would you now get the stubby 1/2, or go to 3/8?
Not used the 3/8 yet. 1/2" and 3/4" get all the use. Tried my new 1" on a trailer wheel Saturday and it failed to open it with a 5ah battery. Had to use my 1" airgun. Will try the 1" with my 12ah battery before passing judgement . My 12ah were at my house and not down in the farmyard so hence reason not tried that day.

Back