Advice on milwaukee impact

I’d agree with above, I have the one with the hex adapter not sure what it’s called but I have to use an adapter; and I use this 99.9% of the time. Only rarely will I use the big half inch. It’s heavy and will ring a thread; so I prefer the smaller unit, quieter too.

Not used the 3/8 yet. 1/2" and 3/4" get all the use. Tried my new 1" on a trailer wheel Saturday and it failed to open it with a 5ah battery. Had to use my 1" airgun. Will try the 1" with my 12ah battery before passing judgement . My 12ah were at my house and not down in the farmyard so hence reason not tried that day.
More Ah will only give you longer running time not more power from the tool.

Would appreciate knowing when you get around to it
The one i have is like this one in the link

I tried it today on a 17mm tight nut and it just growled at me and did not move. Tried the 1/2" impact on it then and it opened it with ease. I bought the 3/8" more so for messing servicing my lawnmowers where there are a lot of hard to get at 13mm nuts. Just tried it on the 17mm to check its limits.

I tried it today on a 17mm tight nut and it just growled at me and did not move. Tried the 1/2" impact on it then and it opened it with ease. I bought the 3/8" more so for messing servicing my lawnmowers where there are a lot of hard to get at 13mm nuts. Just tried it on the 17mm to check its limits.
An air or battery ratchet is really only for running on and off nuts, you would need to lever it to crack a nut.

Sorry, I miss understood you. I taught it was an impact 3/8 gun you were after getting

So from looking online trying to decide between a 1/2 and 3/8 gun, considering I already have 3/4.

3/4high impact = 213mm length, 2100nm, 3.5kgs (have this one already)

1/2 high impact = 213mm length, with up around 1400NM, 3.3kgs
1/2 compacts = 125mm length, but down to around 340NM 1.8kgs €300ish bare unit

3/8 mid torque = 152mm length, and around 800nm - 2.3kgs weight - €300ish bare unit

Seems to me, the the 3/8 mid torque is the next one to get, its 25mm longer than the 1/2" compact, but with twice the power, but a nice bit heavier. Am I missing anything. Have they gone well up in price. Didn't think the smaller bare units were that dear

Last edited:
So from looking online trying to decide between a 1/2 and 3/8 gun, considering I already have 3/4.

3/8 mid torque = 152mm length, and around 800nm - 2.3kgs weight - €300ish bare unit

Seems to me, the the 3/8 mid torque is the next one to get, its 25mm longer than the 1/2" compact, but with twice the power, but a nice bit heavier. Am I missing anything. Have they gone well up in price. Didn't think the smaller bare units were that dear
Look to have gone up a bit anyway, I bough this exact one from them for €420 all in in November 21

As long as you dont abuse it. 800NM is a lot of power for a little 3/8" head. Would you use 3/8" sockets or use a adaptor to take 1/2" sockets?

As long as you dont abuse it. 800NM is a lot of power for a little 3/8" head. Would you use 3/8" sockets or use a adaptor to take 1/2" sockets?

I assumed they wouldn't put 800NM through it, if the 3/8" head couldn't take it?

just looked again. there is a 1/2 mid torque wrench that is identical to the 3/8 I listed above. better off going with that as I have a good shot of impact 1/2 sockets and head allot stronger

Back