Aerworx aerator

Pippa

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7-P2TRz6yo"]AerWorx Trailed Aerator - YouTube[/ame]

Does anyone know who would be the nearest dealer in the Munster area for the Aerworx aerator or someone that does hire work with one?

Thanks.

Thanks.

From looking at youtube videos the allstrong and the direction of the blades seem to do more ground disturbance than the aerworx. It could all be very different in reality of course.

if your man in the video slowed down it might do some good , at the speed he is going the roller is up of the ground , he is not giving it time to get into the ground.

I wouldn't read to much into a video clip, that field isn't your field, ie. the field you need to see the machine working in. might look to be flying along there but I bet he cant do that everywhere,conditions change field to field.

I think what loooks to be a high water table in some fields is just standing water on the surface unable to drain down due to natural vertical drainage paths closed up. Aeration would open these up. Might mean getting in to graze a field before the next rains come.

Imo.

if your man in the video slowed down it might do some good , at the speed he is going the roller is up of the ground , he is not giving it time to get into the ground.

Looks to be a lot of bounce with the allstrong. More penetration resistance to the blade? The aerworx looks to be much smoother blades slice dow better.

I wonder how they operate at the headlands? Would assume they have to be lifted for the turn.

There made near me and a few lads flying around fields at wrecking speeding.everyone is getting it done so it must work.it does two jobs,rolls the fields and aerates the field.

There a good price too and running cost is small as very little soil engaging like a subsoiler and with speed like that very easy on fuel per acre as it takes little time to cover an acre at 15euro.

They should be a good tool on certain surface compaction.
Some people will like these and others will rather stick things in the ground.

There made near me and a few lads flying around fields at wrecking speeding.everyone is getting it done so it must work.it does two jobs,rolls the fields and aerates the field.

There a good price too and running cost is small as very little soil engaging like a subsoiler and with speed like that very easy on fuel per acre as it takes little time to cover an acre at 15euro.

They should be a good tool on certain surface compaction.
Some people will like these and others will rather stick things in the ground.

Smasher you would'nt have a number for them please. The fact that they roll as well is a bonus. Time anyways I retired my leaking roller.

A lad near me hires out an allstrong aerator at 250 euros a day, one of the neighbours here who does a bit of contracting work hired it out and did a good bit for lads around the place. He was doing it for 15euro an acre, he reckons he spent nearly 180 euro that day on diesel and that was without filling the aerator with water. To get the best results you need to be doing up near 20kph so you'd need the rpm to be up fairly well so might not be the most economical machine to run. The results were supposed to be good though.

A lad near me hires out an allstrong aerator at 250 euros a day, one of the neighbours here who does a bit of contracting work hired it out and did a good bit for lads around the place. He was doing it for 15euro an acre, he reckons he spent nearly 180 euro that day on diesel and that was without filling the aerator with water. To get the best results you need to be doing up near 20kph so you'd need the rpm to be up fairly well so might not be the most economical machine to run. The results were supposed to be good though.

How many fields can you do 20k in , you would need a helmet and neckbrace in most fields.

i think they should have made a wider one, one that does atleast 20ft, best results are supposed to come from doing it in a dry hard spell of weather and who has time to be messing about with that yoke in those sparse windows of opportunity.

Finding the perfect opportunity to do any of this kind of work is difficult. You probably need your own machine to do it as the fields come to you.

Finding the perfect opportunity to do any of this kind of work is difficult. You probably need your own machine to do it as the fields come to you.

Correct have whatever you can handle, id be happy with a 2 leg machine with depth control roller of some sort, doing it in right conditions whether that be in march like last years dry spell or in a dry summer, imo what we should be doing is identifying areas where there is a problem and trying to prevent it, entire fields shouldnt need to be done. We used an erth machine in 2010, good machine, did a few problem areas, and it worked, but it was no better than an old 2 leg machine we had used previously, a cousin of mine did a bigger area and found the same results, the timing and condition of the land when working is of far more importance than the type or make of machine used, for my money if i was going to spend €35 to €40/ac panbusting a field, id rather spend the money on ploughing and do a good reseeding job, if the land was suitable for ploughing.

Back