AgOpenGPS

towbar

One step closer. Numerous adjustments on bracket so will make a new one. Can’t get the Bno imu due to stock shortages so going to try the cmps14

Attachments

• ECD7600D-B517-4980-A02C-C3B2569D1550.jpeg
    ECD7600D-B517-4980-A02C-C3B2569D1550.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 9CBBB8C7-C10F-4887-A996-265E724D5182.jpeg
    9CBBB8C7-C10F-4887-A996-265E724D5182.jpeg
    41.8 KB · Views: 46
  • D40B1ED4-4502-4A55-B63E-065468008D67.jpeg
    D40B1ED4-4502-4A55-B63E-065468008D67.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 6072960C-9C16-4344-9AD1-BC3E3D54816E.jpeg
    6072960C-9C16-4344-9AD1-BC3E3D54816E.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 47

DCol

One step closer. Numerous adjustments on bracket so will make a new one. Can’t get the Bno imu due to stock shortages so going to try the cmps14
I had a little bit of hardship with the cmps, originally mounted it in the cab roof, but was too much interference so moved it under the handbrake lever and it works fine. Ideal spot would be somewhere outside the cab, seen lads putting them on a bracket above the rear axle.

towbar

I had a little bit of hardship with the cmps, originally mounted it in the cab roof, but was too much interference so moved it under the handbrake lever and it works fine. Ideal spot would be somewhere outside the cab, seen lads putting them on a bracket above the rear axle.
Yes I think I’m going to put on chassis but worried about the connection to pcb so might use a dedicated processor and use a usb cable.

scoffcruddle

So I've started this project again and will try keep the thread posted. My initial requirement is agopen gps for sprayer section control. But hopefully will add autosteer later on also.

I purchased an acer switch 12 tablet s/h on ebay a while back.
The ardusimple F9P kit
An arduino nano board to add into existing sprayer section control box.
and a usb hub as tablet only has 1 port. For simple section control you don't need the AgOpenGPS PCB

First step was mount the tablet in tractor.

I installed the aerial on the roof and was able to route it through a grommet in front of cab for the lights wiring and down the right hand pillar.
I will install the F9P board and the USB hub in here also
Installed a break out panel for usb ports.
1) Will be connected to the radio as the young lad always have a trailing cable hanging out of it.
2) Will be for connecting in a section control box.
Had to build a custom box for the f9p - €40 for the official box that wont be seen - it will be mounted behind the pillar as no access needed.
Finally I had a relay box from my trimble ezboom setup so added in this nano board and can now use the relay box on either system.

Next steps.
Hope to wire it all up this weekend and test.

Have confirmed I can use a remote rtk correction signal from Navan at my home address - whoever owns the castor DunmoeDH - thanks.
But it probably wont work on our farm as too far away so do plan to set up my own RTK base station - involves buying another ardusimple unit and setting up on the farm connected to the internet.
How did you find the rtk base station?

All the sites I find seem to be in the Us.

DCol

Yes I think I’m going to put on chassis but worried about the connection to pcb so might use a dedicated processor and use a usb cable.
Mine is done with an ethernet cable, came like that in the kit so very handy

towbar

My understanding is that It will work depending on the satellites that are in view at each end so provided the base ‘sees’ same satellites that the rover uses it should be ok.

DCol

My understanding is that It will work depending on the satellites that are in view at each end so provided the base ‘sees’ same satellites that the rover uses it should be ok.
Yes that's essentially it, biggish trees can sometimes be a problem if you're in near them