AgOpenGPS

No, not been back playing with it. Had a huge project at work and when that was done I'd no interest in technical tinkering. Been working on the camper since the work thing went live.

I'm a man of many many projects.

Looks a good price on that board, the f9p seems to be the chip to go to. Was nothing that cheap last year but it was still relatively new at that stage

No, not been back playing with it. Had a huge project at work and when that was done I'd no interest in technical tinkering. Been working on the camper since the work thing went live.

I'm a man of many many projects.

Looks a good price on that board, the f9p seems to be the chip to go to. Was nothing that cheap last year but it was still relatively new at that stage
So if I had
2 of those chips (1 rover 1 base )
2 gps antennas (as above)
A tablet to run agopen
I think I need a cheap tablet to run the base station
Ardunio controller to run either a lightbar or steering valve or motor

I'm nearly there
What else?

The base and rover will need internet connections. I'd use a desktop for the base

If you want the lightbar only you're done with that list.

If you want auto steer you need a few more bits to determine steering angle, slope, heading etc and the pcb to join them together.

I had no plans to go that far so cant say for sure.

@towbar bought some pcb blanks, did you go any further yet?

The base and rover will need internet connections. I'd use a desktop for the base

If you want the lightbar only you're done with that list.

If you want auto steer you need a few more bits to determine steering angle, slope, heading etc and the pcb to join them together.

I had no plans to go that far so cant say for sure.

@towbar bought some pcb blanks, did you go any further yet?
im humming and haaaing to make a portable base station on 4g

@headcase read up on how the internet base stations work using the z9fp I'm under the impression they take quite a bit of time to zero themselves in, I don't think they're really intended to be moved too quickly.

@scoffcruddle how much ground do you need to cover? you can get private radio options for correction signals too, but the range isnt massive. 20km in theoretically perfect conditions (which don't exist) 8-10 in good flat ground with the base on a height.

@headcase read up on how the internet base stations work using the z9fp I'm under the impression they take quite a bit of time to zero themselves in, I don't think they're really intended to be moved too quickly.

@scoffcruddle how much ground do you need to cover? you can get private radio options for correction signals too, but the range isnt massive. 20km in theoretically perfect conditions (which don't exist) 8-10 in good flat ground with the base on a height.
I've seen on that f9p theres a hot start option which reduces time from 30+seconds to around 5🤷‍♂️

I need to cover 220 acres at home and 100 acres a mile down the road,trouble I’ve got is the terrain,it’s probably the worst there is,lots of trees,250’ altitude changes etc

@headcase That's for the rover.

But the base needs to sit in one spot logging its position for a while.

GPS is amazing tech but you are still relying on satellites that are 20k km away. Over time the signal drifts around a little bit.

What the base does is sits there in survey mode logging the drift for a while, eventually it has enough data points to say that it must actually be in the middle of them all.

Then you change to correction mode and it calculates the offset of the current position the GPS chip is seeing from that known position. Software then uploads that correction calculation to the internet.

Your device or software on the rover then downloads the correction calculation and applies it to the GPS position it sees giving you the rtk level of accuracy.

I don't know how long it takes to do that survey in portion but I understand it is hours at least.

@headcase That's for the rover.

But the base needs to sit in one spot logging its position for a while.

GPS is amazing tech but you are still relying on satellites that are 20k km away. Over time the signal drifts around a little bit.

What the base does is sits there in survey mode logging the drift for a while, eventually it has enough data points to say that it must actually be in the middle of them all.

Then you change to correction mode and it calculates the offset of the current position the GPS chip is seeing from that known position. Software then uploads that correction calculation to the internet.

Your device or software on the rover then downloads the correction calculation and applies it to the GPS position it sees giving you the rtk level of accuracy.

I don't know how long it takes to do that survey in portion but I understand it is hours at least.
Ahh ok👍

I downloaded an ap on the iPhone the other day called tractor navigator and it seems to be fairly handy to use and did seem to work fairly right, must use it against the ezguide some day to see how it goes

I downloaded an ap on the iPhone the other day called tractor navigator and it seems to be fairly handy to use and did seem to work fairly right, must use it against the ezguide some day to see how it goes
If you get a receiver like a garmin glo you supposedly can get 30cm accuracy with those cheap apps, not bad really. It would do me. I might invest for next spring

I read this article and thought I'd give it a go, when I go look for the forum that seems like the library of Alexandria for this stuff, its like the site was deleted. No craic at all.
Not sure what’s happened on the ag-open forum,seems it’s been inverted,it hurts my eyes to view it now😵‍💫the type of poster you get on a forum like this are very serious sorts,craic isn’t something there used too.

Not sure what’s happened on the ag-open forum,seems it’s been inverted,it hurts my eyes to view it now😵‍💫the type of poster you get on a forum like this are very serious sorts,craic isn’t something there used too.
Got into it last night, must have been temporarily down. Read probably too much stuff but one lad documented his whole process on a 230 cvx so I'll hopefully follow that and get going. Definitely no craic there, it's all business and wiring diagrams.

Got into it last night, must have been temporarily down. Read probably too much stuff but one lad documented his whole process on a 230 cvx so I'll hopefully follow that and get going. Definitely no craic there, it's all business and wiring diagrams.
It’s a very hard forum to follow,if you ask a newby question your frowned upon as they take it you should know everything 🙄
Is your tractor already guidance ready?
There’s a very good Australian lad on there that has a cvx steering using can-bus,it’s what I wanted to know.

I really must get back to playing with this over this winter. built a shed and bought a van last winter!

although there's talks of moving radiators, doors, and fitting a stove on my list too.....

I work in IT and would be on a lot of forums and figuring out technical stuff that's new to me all the time. That's what I do for a living and I find the agopengps forum to be hard going too.

I really must get back to playing with this over this winter. built a shed and bought a van last winter!

although there's talks of moving radiators, doors, and fitting a stove on my list too.....

I work in IT and would be on a lot of forums and figuring out technical stuff that's new to me all the time. That's what I do for a living and I find the agopengps forum to be hard going too.
a few of the helpfull lads off there are on tff

It’s a very hard forum to follow,if you ask a newby question your frowned upon as they take it you should know everything 🙄
Is your tractor already guidance ready?
There’s a very good Australian lad on there that has a cvx steering using can-bus,it’s what I wanted to know.
I got that impression all right, ye have to phrase your question well😅.

Yea the 2 of them are, I remember when we picked them up yer man was in the middle of taking the receiver and the nav controllers out of them, I was very upset😭😭

Back