Agri Related YouTube Channels List

Great mentions here, Gerry6420, and farmer phil are the only Irish “programs” I ever watch. Mike mitchell is brilliant out of the North American mentions. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCNyOeBMHez5KXvFlTewIDAg this is one I can mention for American mentions, they do things rough and ready but I find the videos very interesting, she’s not too hard on the eyes either
Yep, she is easy to watch but I would have to hit the mute button on her, her voice goes through me. Used to watch A bit of onelonleyfarmer but his “American kit is the best” rhetoric grows old very very quickly.plus he is a trump supporter. Mike Mitchell, welkers, fast ag Montana, mn millennial farmer are some I watch too,

Here is one from Slovenia, it is really interesting to see how they work and the amount of machinery they have with only around 20 cows

Forgive me if this has already been listed:

Some serious scale (& mud) in France.

Excellent quality filming too.

Forgive me if this has already been listed:

Some serious scale (& mud) in France.

Excellent quality filming too.

200mm of rain in 48hrs,it would possibly been better left a week,looked a decent crop and stood upright still.

Did you see the Caterpillar artic tractor pulling the Quadtrac? Pure carnage.

@Sheebadog is this somewhere in Southern France?
No,I’ll have a look.

Not the worst I’ve seen on YouTube,was video not a million miles from me and the whole field was a foot deep in water and they turned it into a paddy field.

Is that chains I see them pulling with? Don't understand the sheer length of them, nothing would want to fly anyway!!

Is that chains I see them pulling with? Don't understand the sheer length of them, nothing would want to fly anyway!!
Using a long chain would give the towing tractor chance to be on drier ground,in theory that is!

Lad I know made a frame with a hitch on the front links so he could push the self propelled,he had a super single that he hooked on the same frame for pushing the trailers.

I don’t miss growing Maize one bit,hard enough getting grass off in summer here never mind Maize in October.

Using a long chain would give the towing tractor chance to be on drier ground,in theory that is!

Lad I know made a frame with a hitch on the front links so he could push the self propelled,he had a super single that he hooked on the same frame for pushing the trailers.

I don’t miss growing Maize one bit,hard enough getting grass off in summer here never mind Maize in October.

Just made me shiver especially with the potential for it to fly!!

Did you see the Caterpillar artic tractor pulling the Quadtrac? Pure carnage.

@Sheebadog is this somewhere in Southern France?
South of Bordeaux. Le Landes région.
Highly fertile soils. Kind of a mix between compost and sand.
It obviously can’t take 8” of rain in two days...olala!

South of Bordeaux. Le Landes région.
Highly fertile soils. Kind of a mix between compost and sand.
It obviously can’t take 8” of rain in two days...olala!
We’d be calling in the army if we had 8” of rain in two days!!!

I remember going on a romantic holiday with my now wife in that region (stayed in Bazas).
I drove out around the countryside and travelled through a lot of forestry - very tall fir trees. In amongst the trees were big areas of the dark soil in the video. It was being irrigated and looked very Sandy.

They were growing a lot of beetroot. My wife was very interested as you can imagine.....

We’d be calling in the army if we had 8” of rain in two days!!!

I remember going on a romantic holiday with my now wife in that region (stayed in Bazas).
I drove out around the countryside and travelled through a lot of forestry - very tall fir trees. In amongst the trees were big areas of the dark soil in the video. It was being irrigated and looked very Sandy.

They were growing a lot of beetroot. My wife was very interested as you can imagine.....
Lol.
Where the video was taken is quite close to Bordeaux. The OM is so high it’s almost peaty. No fertilizer needed, just add water. Great land. Where you were wouldn’t be as productive. There’s an Irish lad farming nicely in Les Landes. Interesting bloke...farming background was bloodstock before he moved here. Great man to talk to because he had no preconceived ideas about tillage farming.

I was down that way (Bayonne) lately... my credit card gave trouble on my way home and I’d to take to the back roads to avoid the tolls. Long story short I got dangerously low on diesel, and you know those forests go on for miles and miles...eventually came across a smallholding so I decided to stop and ask for help.
(Needless to say I scared the daylights out of the elderly couple calling at 10pm and well dark.)
My plan was to ask for cash and herself would electronically transfer the funds.
Turned out that the mans wife was originally from Stirling and now had a strong liking for whiskey...two and a half hours later I finally got out of there with a €150 in my pocket. Didn’t get home until the wee hours.

200mm of rain in 48hrs,it would possibly been better left a week,looked a decent crop and stood upright still.

You would have to wonder why they couldn't have left it to soak out a bit, then the JCB 310 or whatever wading around on singles when the rest are on duals.

Lol.
Where the video was taken is quite close to Bordeaux. The OM is so high it’s almost peaty. No fertilizer needed, just add water. Great land. Where you were wouldn’t be as productive. There’s an Irish lad farming nicely in Les Landes. Interesting bloke...farming background was bloodstock before he moved here. Great man to talk to because he had no preconceived ideas about tillage farming.

I was down that way (Bayonne) lately... my credit card gave trouble on my way home and I’d to take to the back roads to avoid the tolls. Long story short I got dangerously low on diesel, and you know those forests go on for miles and miles...eventually came across a smallholding so I decided to stop and ask for help.
(Needless to say I scared the daylights out of the elderly couple calling at 10pm and well dark.)
My plan was to ask for cash and herself would electronically transfer the funds.
Turned out that the mans wife was originally from Stirling and now had a strong liking for whiskey...two and a half hours later I finally got out of there with a €150 in my pocket. Didn’t get home until the wee hours.
That’s a classic!!! As they say - there’s no fear of you when you’ve a tongue in your head!

Didn't spot this one on the list.
New enough channel from an Irish family farming in france.
They also mentioned on one video a son of theirs runs nut tractor parts.

Back