All things Wooly!

I’d actually prefer to buy them for £30 and sell them for £80,going to be murder to buy this back end,every man and his dog will be after them.

Reactions: AYF
Not the best pic,lambed this pair last night around 11 and tonight the ewe was just a bit under the weather,thinking she’s dehydrated,not been for water and unusually it hasn’t rained here for a full 7 days,my two helpers carried the lambs while I stuck the ewe on the quad.180DEB35-0883-4B5D-91ED-FB5EFB0B3C2A.jpeg

Fleeces openin at neck and lots of wool a loosing. Clipped end of April last year but nites were warmer than at min. This wk lookin like it’s to b cooler so will hold off another wk or two. 👍

I got remittance on 270 hoggs we sent in last Tuesday,p1ssed off because they only killed 70 on Wednesday morning because they had a breakdown👎the other 200 were killed on Thursday morning,the 1st £70 were £133.45 paid into the bank,the 200 were £129.15,there breakdown cost me £800 or so.🤬

I got remittance on 270 hoggs we sent in last Tuesday,p1ssed off because they only killed 70 on Wednesday morning because they had a breakdown👎the other 200 were killed on Thursday morning,the 1st £70 were £133.45 paid into the bank,the 200 were £129.15,there breakdown cost me £800 or so.🤬
I'd be having serious words with the buyer.
Lambs shouldn't loose much, especially not hoggs, not like they were fresh off theor mothers!

I'd be having serious words with the buyer.
Lambs shouldn't loose much, especially not hoggs, not like they were fresh off theor mothers!
I don’t know,take them from some cracking grass stick them in a slatted shed with some shite hay and they’ll melt before your eyes.

Reactions: AYF
Freezing here this morning,the wool won’t have risen yet.

Nice single gimmer out of one of the Heinz 57 pets yesterday,a Lonk tup on a Zwartble X Mule ewe.View attachment 90735
Well it only had a short spell on this earth,I've 10 or so 30' long 30" steel pipes in the corner of the field it's mother had gone up 1 of two that had the end blocked off,lamb followed and she only bloody went and led on it.😠😩☹

The Daughter isn't having a very good farming year!
Her sheep Patch got staggers and dropped dead.
Now her other ewe has gone and got mastitis!😓 two cracking good lambs with her too!
We had another ewe with twins we filmed being born to send to her cousins to show what goes on, and named the lambs after them.... one of them dropped dead too!

Now her other ewe has gone and got mastitis!😓 two cracking good lambs with her too!
We had another ewe with twins we filmed being born to send to her cousins to show what goes on, and named the lambs after them.... one of them dropped dead too!
It will be a good education for her, too many kids are shielded from the harsh realities of life for too long. Things not going your own way all the time is the best lesson any child can learn.

My neighbour was telling me about how his dad used to say “You’ll look at that till you kill it” basically you should never have favourites because it always ends in tears.

With sheep “you need a sharp spade and a short memory”🙂

1st pet lamb I reared went and drowned when it got caught in brambles in a ditch😭

Back