Aluminium Cleaner

Badger

I've pommier aluminium booms on my sprayer and they are getting a bit discoloured. Is their a chemical that can be used that will remove the chemical residue on the boom and shine them up again?

Used to use an acid based cleaner on the lorry diesel tanks, just had to be careful not to get it on anything painted...it was put on with a paint brush & taken off with the power hose...not sure on the name but alliclean rings a bell, any truck, trailer parts outfit should be able to sort you out.

it think it depends on how much elbow grease your willing to apply.
there is a few things you can use, they say baking soda rubbed on will do it, or a vinegar and water solution.
iirc carb cleaner will make a good enuf job of it, but once again you would really need to give it a brush in.

id try gunk too, it might shift it, leave it overnight and wash it off in the morn.
i havnt tried any of them tbh, so id be doing a bit where it wont be seen first to see what would work best for you.
paint stripper might work too.
some acids will eat into it and do it more harm than good so be carefull.

mightnt be a great answer for you but some of them might be worth trying, let us know how you get on.

Jenny hasn't aged a day in the last 20 years:001_unsure::whistling:
Actually she has....there was a debate in the truck mags about 7 or 8 years back about her photo being out of date, or had she beaten the ageing process :whistling:....short time later they updated it.

Actually she has....there was a debate in the truck mags about 7 or 8 years back about her photo being out of date, or had she beaten the ageing process :whistling:....short time later they updated it.
looks ok to me....:lol:

Back