Aluminium Formwork/Shuttering

Limestone Cowboy

How's things lads. Hard to know where is the right place to ask but thought ye might be worth a shot. Myself and a friend started doing a bit of concrete work and shuttering together last year and ended up getting busy enough at it as the year went on. Have a mixture of big pans 8x8, 10x8, 9x4 and the odd ones for corners and bits. Have enough to pour 80ft of an 8ft wall. If things were going well the 2 of us would normally have it stood in about 6 hours. They are grand for tanks and the bigger jobs where there's plenty of space but only the 2 of us working together so it's fairly awkward hopping up and down on the machine all day. I enquired about a set of 8x2 aluminium forms and the weren't as expensive as I thought they would be. Has anyone any experience of using them and how would ye compare them to the bigger forms. They would suit the smaller jobs a lot better and where space is tight for the digger and the 2 of us could be on the ground working. I don't think they would be much slower. Any thoughts are welcome.

JohnBoy

Zero knowledge of them.

But a different question......

How often are you not able to get the trailer of shutters in tight to the job?

Would a radio controlled hiab on the back of the trailer be a better job?

Just a random thought. It would give you the speed of the big panels and eliminate the need to get up and down off the machine. Might be madness but just a thought that occurred to me

Limestone Cowboy

Zero knowledge of them.

But a different question......

How often are you not able to get the trailer of shutters in tight to the job?

Would a radio controlled hiab on the back of the trailer be a better job?

Just a random thought. It would give you the speed of the big panels and eliminate the need to get up and down off the machine. Might be madness but just a thought that occurred to me
Ya there's a fella no too far from here with that setup actually, lays out the forms in small bundles and has a 2 man team that come along after and throw them up. They don't delay either.