Another low roof tractor loader thread...

I sometimes wonder is a sloped bonnet of much benefit, unless you can see the tip of the pallet forks or bucket over it, which I doubt
I think from personal experience it is a big benefit, when I started at a previous employer they had a Deutz Agrostar and they replaced it a JD 6920. The difference was night and day for loader work.

Can't have been that bad if you kept it that long and it's still going. Did you have many issues with it?
Only one thing, the dash went haywire and I contacted David King electronics to see could they fix it, they said they wouldn't take it on because the manufacturers wouldn't give them the information they needed but then I was told of a lad down near Passage East in Waterford that might be able to fix it which he managed to do.

Last edited:
Ideally I'd to keep the spend around €20k incl vat, as it would allow a few other jobs to get done, maybe a bit more if something good value came up.

Keep em coming lads.

Only one thing, the dash went haywire and I contacted David King electronics to see could they fix it, they said they wouldn't take it on because the manufacturers wouldn't give them the information they needed but then I was told of a lad down near Passage East in Waterford that might be able to fix it which he managed to do.
Sounds like you need a teddy halpin down your way. Serious man with tractors up in our area. A bit of wizard. Must be the best mechanic in meath.

In base spec with manual shuttle and manual hydraulics mythos are fine. I wouldn't be keen on the ones with power shuttle or electric lift.

Had a Ghibli here for a while last year, only drove it a bit but it was quite basic, I'd go as far as saying the Blizzard is nicer.
Do the electric ones with power shuttle and electric lift give bother?

You see plenty of ts models with 15000+ hours on them. I'm guessing that's why they hold their value so well compared to other brands of the same size.
I've seen a few around too. Just wondering in general do they stand the hours economically. I looked at a ts115 that had a full sle gearbox at 12000 hours costing a few thousand. I'd imagine it should be good for another of the same all going well.

Totally different tractors and engines though.

A TL has a lot less to go wrong than a TS SLE I would think.
And generally doing lighter work, an odd one would be dogged but some ts tractors were given lots more to do than what I see new 110 hp tractors being bought for now.

I can think of ts tractors around here that were on one passes, 4 sod ploughs, twin row beet harvester, 2500 gal tanker, etc.
Very capable but probably suffered wear too in some cases

And generally doing lighter work, an odd one would be dogged but some ts tractors were given lots more to do than what I see new 110 hp tractors being bought for now.

I can think of ts tractors around here that were on one passes, 4 sod ploughs, twin row beet harvester, 2500 gal tanker, etc.
Very capable but probably suffered wear too in some cases
The very same around here, a very capable tractor for their size.

Still looking so if anyone knows of a tractor that might fit the bill post a link or let me know via pm.

Back