Any advice on combines ??

It's there a little while now, I looked at it back in November a grand combine but didn't set my heart racing either. I tried hard to buy a mint TX64 plus last week from a guy on thefarmingforum but missed out despite doing all I could on my end.
What sort of money do them TX63,64,65 go for have you seen ? With middling hours and good condition

I'm only looking for a 64 or 65 ideally a plus, the 63 can have manual controls which I'd rather get away from, a plus model will have all the spec so less questions to ask when enquiring. €40k plus the vat should buy a good one with in the region of 3000 engine hours. That minter in the UK was advertised for £35k with 2400 engine hours, but there's lads here looking for mid to high 40's for 3000hr ones, Jenkinson had €38 plus vat on that one which sounds good but it would definitely take a couple of grand before the harvest. There was another one last September for €39k no vat with 3500hrs, so there's a fairly big variation in prices.

NH1520.
Good cornering and straight line speed...has only been cowpered a few times.

First to see will buy.
€1000 secures.

Attachments

• 670A1937-FA5A-49CA-8D65-26D357B21248.png
    670A1937-FA5A-49CA-8D65-26D357B21248.png
    4 MB · Views: 97
  • BB82B156-E264-4598-8E9F-EBDFE97BDA97.png
    BB82B156-E264-4598-8E9F-EBDFE97BDA97.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 97
  • 15DD822F-D1C9-4E7D-8A9B-B039A86A8AFD.png
    15DD822F-D1C9-4E7D-8A9B-B039A86A8AFD.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
Nice! I was interested to see this combine rally, must look it up on YouTube.
Yer I only paid €500 for it. The lad that had it is gone a bit old and lost the bottle for it...he runs 6 (normal) combines so I assume that he knows what he’s at. He said that it’s ready to race.

It’s mad stuff. They race them in every local agricultural show. Prize money is around €1k. Competition is fierce.
I wouldn’t have the bottle for it now, but I’ve a couple of lads here that fancy themselves so I took a gamble.
Christ if we don’t have some boost to the morale soon life won’t be worth living. There was fierce competition amongst the local farm/contractor crews at go carting before COVID. There’s some serious tracks here and it’s some craic because the bragging rights are priceless...

Nice! I was interested to see this combine rally, must look it up on YouTube.
Demolition derby for combines, a popular hobby in the US. They go around bursting the big tyres that we could hardly afford to buy.

An example of what can be found when you least expect it.
Ran into this while le on holiday in France and brought her home as a souvenir.
Build date November 2000, 1800 hrs
Diff lock
Maize kit, (basically a set of aggressive teeth instead of the stripper plates)
All the usual (plus) extras.

Attachments

• B60FC65A-4161-4CB1-A416-0C512548F521.jpeg
    B60FC65A-4161-4CB1-A416-0C512548F521.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
On a follow up note, if you are looking on the continent, try and stay close to a port for 3 reasons.
A, inspection will be easier if you drive over.
B. Transport to the port will be cheaper or in my case zero as I drover her from the dealers yard in morelix to the port of roscoff.
C. Less chance of maize being grown in northern France .

Quoted prices are often only a starting point for some hard dealing, 14k discount in my instance.
Finance companies will not deal in France so have the money ready to transfer.
I was lucky that I sold my old combine quickly and was able to pull money from cash flow to make up the difference.

An example of what can be found when you least expect it.
Ran into this while le on holiday in France and brought her home as a souvenir.
Build date November 2000, 1800 hrs
Diff lock
Maize kit, (basically a set of aggressive teeth instead of the stripper plates)
All the usual (plus) extras.
Most folk come home from a holiday in France with wine or stinky cheese or both. Others come home having bought a combine :laugh:

On a follow up note, if you are looking on the continent, try and stay close to a port for 3 reasons.
B. Transport to the port will be cheaper or in my case zero as I drover her from the dealers yard in morelix to the port of roscoff.

Quoted prices are often only a starting point for some hard dealing, 14k discount in my instance.
I was lucky that I sold my old combine quickly and was able to pull money from cash flow to make up the difference.
C. Plenty maize grown in the north, in fact, when the harvest is finished here all the combines are shipped up there for the maize. Also there’s those big lumps of hard yokes (stones I think they’re called?) in the fields! Maize in Nov/Dec up there can get messy.

Quoted prices. They initially post a truly exorbitant price in the hope of finding a victim...then after about a year they start to become more realistic...then after about 18-22months they’re properly ready to deal. The Frogs play the looooonnnngggg game. It’s annoying, very annoying.

C. Plenty maize grown in the north, in fact, when the harvest is finished here all the combines are shipped up there for the maize. Also there’s those big lumps of hard yokes (stones I think they’re called?) in the fields! Maize in Nov/Dec up there can get messy.

Quoted prices. They initially post a truly exorbitant price in the hope of finding a victim...then after about a year they start to become more realistic...then after about 18-22months they’re properly ready to deal. The Frogs play the looooonnnngggg game. It’s annoying, very annoying.
By north I mean extreme north like Brittany and Normandy. The odd pocket here and there but I've seen plenty of fields of it south of Nantes and not a files of wheat or barley in sight.
I must have got my fella at the 22 month stage (:. She was idle for a year, traded in for a Claas.

Didn't know finance would be difficult on the continent thought if it was a main dealer you would be OK. Going to see anything is out the window now anyway for this harvest if I can get something it will be over the phone or in Ireland, buying off any dealer here isn't the easiest I'm finding.

Back