Anyones views on Audi a4 2.5 v6 tdi quattro?

Fumbles

As the title suggests.... just after anyones experiences of these cars.
Lookin to change the birds SHE ITE IBIZA in for a decent car, and as she wants me to pay the balance i thought she may as well have something worth pinching:thumbup1:
She will be just using it for a small commute (10 miles per day) but it would be nice to pinch once in a while.
Just wondering of anyones experiences with these and any things to look out for. PS. its the same engine and running gear as an allroad. And probably cant afford newer than an 03 to get one that hasnt been to the moon....
TIA Rob:001_unsure:

Lookin to change the birds SHE ITE IBIZA in for a decent car, and as she wants me to pay the balance i thought she may as well have something worth pinching:thumbup1:
She will be just using it for a small commute (10 miles per day) but it would be nice to pinch once in a while.
Just wondering of anyones experiences with these and any things to look out for. PS. its the same engine and running gear as an allroad. And probably cant afford newer than an 03 to get one that hasnt been to the moon....
this isnt mrs fumbles again is it:lol::lol:

Just that Golf tdi's and A3's hold there money well cos theyy are good cars, but for the same money you get an A4 with leather, aircon, 4wd, and 2.5 instead of 1.9.
180bhp as standard, but i'm close to Diesel Bob so theres always the option of a Bob box(taking it to 250bhp) if the mpg is too good:thumbup1:

I've never had one but if I was in the market I would certainly give it serious consideration.

Make sure you check it out thoroughly before you buy it. A mate had an Audi for years, very reliable and a classy motor. But the brother's girlfriend's A3 was a complete dog from the start...

I've been looking in to getting an A4 avant Tdi recently. There seems to be a bit of concensus that the 1.9 is a bullet proof engine, whereas the 2.5 less so, and has the ability to generate some big bills. The 1.9 isn't sluggish by any means if you get the 130 version - 0-60 times are 9.8s versus 8.7. 285 nm vers 310. But you'll be getting 50 mpg rather than 39.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/summary.aspx?model=58

If you find yourself a six speed 1.9 you'll have even more torque at the wheels if/when required.

Back