Ash Dieback

I’ve been reading through the thread and understandably there is a variety of queries and opinions.

I run a forestry and tree contracting company and have done extensive work in Ash dieback over the last few years.

What I will say is that dealing with infected trees sooner rather than later reduces costs and third party liability where it could occur . This would obviously include public areas and roadside trees , but also trees on grazing land as the disease compromises the stability of the tree.

Cost to remove doesn’t always apply, where the timber has a value there is a ready market for the timber, this can give a reasonable return to the landowner for timber of the right quality and quantity, and in the case of individual trees the value of the wood can cover the cost of removal.

I am based in the Northwest but operate nationwide and am always happy to discuss and advise on the most cost efficient approach for both individual trees and larger parcels.

We have been involved with timber for almost 50 years and like to see timber put to the best use possible.

You can contact me via pm if you would like to discuss any further.

Back