At the mart...

What are suckler bred yearling heifers making in the mart these days? At a guess probably 400-450kg.

Looking to move on suckler cow when she calves shortly. Herd test was in July 2023.will I need to get her tested before I sell.will be selling as outfit.

Looking to move on suckler cow when she calves shortly. Herd test was in July 2023.will I need to get her tested before I sell.will be selling as outfit.
no, but the buyer will have to test her within 30 days (I think)

IMG_20240325_210309.jpg

Took some Fr males and Aubrac calves to the mart tonight 1 AA female also. Calves ranged 18-38 days. Disappointed what Fr males made considering the work that went into all them calves.
Manager was telling me when I said I was disappointed that "you didn't see the €5 FrM calves in before hand and that was a hard sale".

View attachment 135500

Took some Fr males and Aubrac calves to the mart tonight 1 AA female also. Calves ranged 18-38 days. Disappointed what Fr males made considering the work that went into all them calves.
Manager was telling me when I said I was disappointed that "you didn't see the €5 FrM calves in before hand and that was a hard sale".

It's a real shame. I remember taking a FR bull calf to the mart in the mid 90's with Dad and getting £100 for him.

The calf that is.

Back