At the mart...

Anybody know how much these 3 bucks be worth? A bit small for their age, They are a year old belong to an elderly neighbour, don’t think they saw much nuts
purely guessing their weight to be around 300 kgs , i,d say 450 as they look healthy but age might go against them . i have spent some time in a secure hospital though :woot:

trade seemed good from what i saw for cattle that won,t be caught out by the 30 mths ,
2 aa 535 kgs 1010
1 aa 600 kgs 1130
3 fr 575 kgs 940
2 bb 565 kgs 1130
all males

1 aa female 440 kgs 770

Yours were not camera shy anyway :deyective:

after 40 yrs of trying to get on the journal i,ve finally made it, expect a big bankruptcy auction soon as that usually follows an appearence on the journal :woot:

Myself and the neighbour may hire a lorry so. He'll want the cheap 110/90 that's been around the clock and sure that TSA would be worth hardly anything :Whistle2::Whistle2:

I thought prices would drop after 31 may when lads were finished buying animals for average stocking densities. We had 2 heifers for last week but on the morning that we were going to load we found that one had lost a tag. We held them over to today. They were shorthorn heifers. Both freemartins. One was 420kg and made 870. The other was 320kg and made 820. Not exactly feeding heifers. Wasn't expecting that much for them.

Myself and the neighbour may hire a lorry so. He'll want the cheap 110/90 that's been around the clock and sure that TSA would be worth hardly anything :Whistle2::Whistle2:
i,l get a couple of neighbours to run them up on youse, sure the bank will be grateful for every penny they can get :unsure:

What way are marts going to work over the next few weeks with restrictions lifted to a degree?

Will online and in person bidding be easily combined in a livestock setting?

What way are marts going to work over the next few weeks with restrictions lifted to a degree?

Marts around here claim to be going to continue with the online system as well as the ring bidders. Personally I hope I never have to stand in a mart again to sell cattle - that I may be able to watch them online.

How does it work selling online? Do you watch and hit a button to accept or reject the price? Or what happens? Thanks

I don't see why not, Euro Auctions have being doing it for years, online and on site at the same time

How does it work selling online? Do you watch and hit a button to accept or reject the price? Or what happens? Thanks

It works both ways. Up to recently they were all sold subject and they called you to see if you accepted the price or not. More recently there is a button on the app to hit of you accept your price. That's for livestock live anyway

Bought cattle I knew the owner of online last week, then I done exactly as I said other lads are doing and bought another one for the novelty:no:. Quickly switched off my data settings on the phone, until i got a dose of cop on

You'll be downloading the paddy Power app next. Taking spins on the virtual roulette wheel for 5 quid. Or it could even be like buying cattle choosing which one to put your money on, black or red.

Bought cattle I knew the owner of online last week, then I done exactly as I said other lads are doing and bought another one for the novelty:no:. Quickly switched off my data settings on the phone, until i got a dose of cop on

Must be suffering from withdrawal symptoms from around the ring Ozzy :lol:

Are only some of the marts putting up who the sellers are online?

Some marts have catalogues which makes it easier. Hard to watch all day when the first info you get is when they are in the ring

Are only some of the marts putting up who the sellers are online?

Some marts have catalogues which makes it easier. Hard to watch all day when the first info you get is when they are in the ring

Owners details are not on the ones that I have used anyway, they were on it the first week I used but not since then.

Catalogue is very useful as you have an idea of what lots you might be interested in from that alone.

Owners details are not on the ones that I have used anyway, they were on it the first week I used but not since then.

Catalogue is very useful as you have an idea of what lots you might be interested in from that alone.

If owners details are not on it, it will be a free run for dealers acting the maggot. Mart that I watched this week seemed to be doing there best not to have online bidders

Not having catalogues is a pain, as cows maybe sold first and at least if there was a catalogue you would know to come back in a hours time for the bullocks as there is 60 lots of cows etc

Back