At the mart...

your time would be better off spent at home, no logic at all to the prices being paid.

Haven't been to any marts yet to comment on prices but if lads are still paying silly money they want to be locked up. Over age or over weight or worse both are getting a fierce doing in the factories at the moment:angry:.

Weather and quota are having big impact for fr calved and incalf stock
Some prices from listowel yesterday
pedigree calved from 1700 gall herd ebi of 150+ 1400-1550
calved from genuine ai bred herd 1100-1250
calved from average herd back to 1000
lighter calved stock back to well less then this

Last edited:
Had a few stores in the local mart today.

5 aa heifers 500 kg 1000
2 bb heifers 430kg 970
1 wh heifer 360 690

I friesan bullock 515 890
1angus bullock 545 kgs 1080.

All 2012 calves from my dairy cows.

5 aa heifers 500 kg 1000
2 bb heifers 430kg 970
1 wh heifer 360 690

I had hoped to get in to that mart today myself for a look see. Was there much in the line of bullocks in it [MENTION=2802]Mf240[/MENTION]

It was big enough. There was a lot of friesans in it. I thought the trade was good considering the way the factories are acting.

5 aa heifers 500 kg 1000
2 bb heifers 430kg 970
1 wh heifer 360 690

Not back enough then in the mart, very strong prices there IMV.

Obviously as a seller you are happy MF.;)

your time would be better off spent at home, no logic at all to the prices being paid.

Two weeks later and still nothing bought, are lads losing the run of themselves, saw € 880 refused for 325kg limx bullocks, €550 over the weight for any decent continental yearling bullocks.

Wh bull €305 -5weeks square lengthy calf
wh heifer €250 4 weeks
wh bull €250 4 weeks
Happy with these prices ,these prices for wh might drop in 3 or 4 weeks as a lot of herds have started calving wh from sweeper bulls ,

Two weeks later and still nothing bought, are lads losing the run of themselves, saw € 880 refused for 325kg limx bullocks, €550 over the weight for any decent continental yearling bullocks.

I would hazzard a guess that lads are expecting a rise in the trade later on and indeed the rumour mill has it for a rise coming in April.

I would hazzard a guess that lads are expecting a rise in the trade later on and indeed the rumour mill has it for a rise coming in April.

:D:D:D

Yeah right with the lack of demand from consumers for beef at the minute and the kill up 5k each week so far.

A miracle is needed first

:D:D:D

Yeah right with the lack of demand from consumers for beef at the minute and the kill up 5k each week so far.

A miracle is needed first

Yep but the rumour mill nash!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::D It's never wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eventually haha.

5 aa heifers 500 kg 1000
2 bb heifers 430kg 970
1 wh heifer 360 690

fine prices there MF240. Guys giving the good prices now havnt sold animal recently and when they were selling in Novemberish they were taking a base price of at least €4.10. Not getting much bought but it doesnt worry me as not much interest and looking at poorer price in the medium term I think I maybe better off being outbid

small je bulls €5
handy fr bulls € 30-66
good shapey fr bulls €100
handy lim/wh hefirs €200

Prices yesterday in Carrigallen co,Letrim

Good square fr bulls making 135-175 down in south Munster marts.

Any reared calves making an appearance yet? Or will it be another month or so till we into the new quota year?

Finished the milk I'm guessin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is it exactly, basically finished with milk and good to go on grass with some very cheap meal probably just rolled barley to keep them thriving.

Not quite weanlings candor.

Back