Autocommand vs Power Command

Just thought I’d post an update on our auto command’s. They’ve all been performing well except one of the 270’s which developed a bit of an aggressive stop / start, and was slow to change up ranges even after calibration. This fault was found to be a faulty solenoid on the transmission pump [quite common fault I’m told].. We’ve just changed this and now it’s as smooth as silk once more. It took us almost as long to make the support jig for our trolley jack as to carry out the repair, although now we have one It be there for next time.

View attachment 85302View attachment 85303View attachment 85304View attachment 85305View attachment 85306View attachment 85307View attachment 85308View attachment 85309View attachment 85310
Looks like they / the solenoids are hard to get at compared to the power command ?

Looks like they / the solenoids are hard to get at compared to the power command ?
Yeah, There's just the one solenoid under the pump. We had to remove unit from trolley jack, tip over and lift off pump assy with our telehandler. I guess it could just be lifted by hand with some strong blokes but we didn't want to risk any whoopsees !

Yeah, There's just the one solenoid under the pump. We had to remove unit from trolley jack, tip over and lift off pump assy with our telehandler. I guess it could just be lifted by hand with some strong blokes but we didn't want to risk any whoopsees !
Is that what you call it when you go to lift something heavy and a fart comes out instead?😉

Just thought I’d post an update on our auto command’s. They’ve all been performing well except one of the 270’s which developed a bit of an aggressive stop / start, and was slow to change up ranges even after calibration. This fault was found to be a faulty solenoid on the transmission pump [quite common fault I’m told].. We’ve just changed this and now it’s as smooth as silk once more. It took us almost as long to make the support jig for our trolley jack as to carry out the repair, although now we have one It be there for next time.

View attachment 85302View attachment 85303View attachment 85304View attachment 85305View attachment 85306View attachment 85307View attachment 85308View attachment 85309View attachment 85310
Is it right that very fine particles that get through the filter cause the solenoid problem? As in cause friction and make it stiff or stick? A lad here had a couple in a 220 and that's what he was told i think.

Is it right that very fine particles that get through the filter cause the solenoid problem? As in cause friction and make it stiff or stick? A lad here had a couple in a 220 and that's what he was told i think.
No idea really, although I heard of one that had been changed near us that failed again very shortly after. It would I'm sure have received new oil at the time so may just have been a faulty solenoid.

Just bought a couple of T7.270's and a T7.210 here, all AC... We also have nine TM's of one sort or another, PC and RC along with T.6080, T.7040, 7050 PC and T7.200 RC tractors. With the exception of a TM175 all these PC and RC tractors have had gearbox issues with synchro, clutch pack and bearing failure and quite honestly I was thinking of changing colour all together... However, from what I've been told the AC transmissions are much more reliable as long as serviced at the recommended intervals, and should a repair be necessary the costs are far less. We also believe less braking is needed with the AC tractors and as brake wear seems to be a problem with CNH in our yard I feel rather positive about this too...

Reliability issues and cost of running are more important factors to me than whether there's a slight power gain or loss between different transmissions... Time of course will no doubt tell I guess..
interesting that the TM175 is the one with no issues. you would be led to believe they were worst offenders.

interesting that the TM175 is the one with no issues. you would be led to believe they were worst offenders.
Yes I know what you mean there. Mine is a 05 model so I guess it's had most mods carried out and only done around 6k hours.

Anyone have a t7.270ac one of the lads working for me had a spin off one reckoned it was a savage yoke.they are good value for money with 4 and 5k hours

Anyone have a t7.270ac one of the lads working for me had a spin off one reckoned it was a savage yoke.they are good value for money with 4 and 5k hours
Know of a contractor who case 240cvx and none of driver's want to drive it really dislike it

I have one of each, both sidewinders.
No notable difference in power but, the auto command is way more driver friendly.
You have to be careful with the AC not to drive at speeds where it’s changing up or down all the time, 9 kph is not a good speed.
Going down hills you need to use the handle to pull her back while using the brake at the same time to avoid the tractor coming trying to a complete stop.
When you get used to it, you’ll never go back.
Yes, the flag has been long removed from the front of the cab. That pic was taken the day she arrived.

View attachment 74301
Heya,

I recently bought a AC, very happy with it but still getting used to the gearbox. One issue I have is it over revs going downhill especially when carting heavy loads. Is there anything I can do to slow tractor down without revs going through the roof? I feel the way I'm driving it going downhill is wrong and no matter what i do (pull back hand trottle or press brakes) the revs go really high and it doesn't feel right. Thanks.

Heya,

I recently bought a AC, very happy with it but still getting used to the gearbox. One issue I have is it over revs going downhill especially when carting heavy loads. Is there anything I can do to slow tractor down without revs going through the roof? I feel the way I'm driving it going downhill is wrong and no matter what i do (pull back hand trottle or press brakes) the revs go really high and it doesn't feel right. Thanks.
If you drive it in fully auto mode it shouldn't rev too high?

Does it have an exhaust brake? It's a few years since I drove one but i think it had

If you drive it in fully auto mode it shouldn't rev too high?

Does it have an exhaust brake? It's a few years since I drove one but i think it had
There's no exhaust brake on our one but I have a feeling there should. Anyone know if a 2011 t7 235 should have an exhaust brake?

There's no exhaust brake on our one but I have a feeling there should. Anyone know if a 2011 t7 235 should have an exhaust brake?
2011 235? they dont necessarily have an exhaust brake. have seen more with it than without though. question, does the button changes how agressive the transmission works change anything?

2011 235? they dont necessarily have an exhaust brake. have seen more with it than without though. question, does the button changes how agressive the transmission works change anything?
I thought that model was only launched in 2012? But maybe not

Heya,

as a rule of thumb, approach with the same speed as you would climb the hill with the same load. revert to driving with the handle instead of the pedal as releasing the pedal will want to make the tractor stop instead of freewheeling. Keep the bar on the screen up and use the brakes at the same time.

Does the exhaust brake make any difference,were they standard and is there any high houred 210's about without too many problems.Im interested in one myself would be secondhand with about 4k hrs can they do the same hrs as the original cvx?

Hey
I've got some issues with my powercommand
I have a tm 175 and the first 6 gears are missing .... from 7 to 18 it works without problem and the reverse 6 is also okay
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks

Hey
I've got some issues with my powercommand
I have a tm 175 and the first 6 gears are missing .... from 7 to 18 it works without problem and the reverse 6 is also okay
Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks
try calibration. if that doesn't work, when you go from 7 to 6 will the tractor just stop and when you put it into neutral and forward it stays in whatever gear? until you turn of and on the tractor again. only reason im asking is our tm did the same and we traced it back to a break in a wire connected to the solenoids that are beside the gearbox on right hand side that be behind the battery box. atm ours is getting fixed but the mechanic did say that was the cause

Back