AYF's pics

Some more pics from out and about.

Phill the pet pheasant disappeared for about a month, we were a bit worried but he turned up minus his tail and with a bad limp!! Don't know what he had been up to, but he's back on form now!!
20160216_113626.jpg
Pic says it all!
20160217_120427.jpg
This little acrobat is keeping us entertained, was born stupidly small (for a single!) and to a huge fat ewe, so he can actually ride round perfectly happy on her back!
20160218_073616.jpg
Some of mothers oldest pet lambs
20160219_145135.jpg 20160219_145143.jpg

Had a couple of nice frosts recently, made for some good photo moments!
20160224_082915.jpg 20160224_083319.jpg 20160224_081258.jpg

Had a good set of triplets the other night, good to have them, just wish all the twins and singles had lambs this big every time!

20160312_231319.jpg

Some of the older singles, would be born end of Jan/ first two weeks feb
20160313_105914.jpg

Girls running up for their feed
20160314_084649.jpg

Had a croud in doing a track we have going through our land, 9 houses up there and they wanted something done as the road was in a state. Everything was priced and this turned out by far the cheapest! Cheaper than just concrete without labour!
20160518_105719.jpg 20160518_105724.jpg 20160518_111402.jpg 20160518_111548.jpg 20160518_162248.jpg 20160518_193713.jpg

Forgot to get a before pic, but you'd almost fill an Olympic swimming pool with the water in the potholes!
Now the road had been done a few years ago with 4-6inch of gravel, so the base for the job was there. Could drive on it the whole time they were at it if you wanted, but they don't recommend it else you end up with cement dust over the vehicle.

The big fendt was a mere 390hp! some beast!

Here are the croud, said I'd give them a plug! http://www.agriplantsolutions.co.uk/

Is that cement they are putting on in the third photo?
Yup. Used two artic tanker loads in the whole stretch, cant remember how long the road is now but thats less than half in the pic.
They had it calibtated using scales to weigh a square meter worth of powder.
Mixed down to a depth of 6 inches.

That's a great idea, what percentage of the cost would it be compared with a digger and stoning or putting concrete/tarmac down?

Had a croud in doing a track we have going through our land, 9 houses up there and they wanted something done as the road was in a state. Everything was priced and this turned out by far the cheapest! Cheaper than just concrete without labour!
View attachment 36919 View attachment 36920 View attachment 36921 View attachment 36922 View attachment 36923 View attachment 36924

Forgot to get a before pic, but you'd almost fill an Olympic swimming pool with the water in the potholes!
Now the road had been done a few years ago with 4-6inch of gravel, so the base for the job was there. Could drive on it the whole time they were at it if you wanted, but they don't recommend it else you end up with cement dust over the vehicle.

The big fendt was a mere 390hp! some beast!

Here are the croud, said I'd give them a plug! http://www.agriplantsolutions.co.uk/
There was one of them around here too but I don't know what became of it.
I tink fendt was the only tractor that could work it

That's a great idea, what percentage of the cost would it be compared with a digger and stoning or putting concrete/tarmac down?

We worked out that it was less than the cost of buying in readymix (without labour), only just though, and that had a good amount of stone there for the job, if you had to pay full whack for clean stone to do the job it may be a different story. But the machine is well capable of grinding down old concrete and stones, just takes longer.

There was one of them around here too but I don't know what became of it.
I tink fendt was the only tractor that could work it
From what I gather they need cvt or a good creap box.
But they like fendt as they can push down through the link arms so grader etc wont bounce out of work.

We worked out that it was less than the cost of buying in readymix (without labour), only just though, and that had a good amount of stone there for the job, if you had to pay full whack for clean stone to do the job it may be a different story. But the machine is well capable of grinding down old concrete and stones, just takes longer.

From what I gather they need cvt or a good creap box.
But they like fendt as they can push down through the link arms so grader etc wont bounce out of work.
I tink the lads here tried john deeres and it wouldn't work even with the ivt gearbox I can't exactly remember why.
Does case have double acting lifts too?

I tink the lads here tried john deeres and it wouldn't work even with the ivt gearbox I can't exactly remember why.
Does case have double acting lifts too?
Havent a clue tbh. Ive seen one firm using masseys so must be able to work on other tractors?

Do they put a camber to run the water each side? @Anglesey young farmer
You won't be wanting the blade now then.:unsure:
Yep.
The road had daft curbings down it. So they crushed one side and used the other side to get a level for depth and camber. Woked well!

Their blade was a fransguard. Had a world of work and abuse done behind the big fendt. Highly praised! Was a 6 way blade too, fella said he wouldnt bother with less than 6 way

I can't remember if I put up pics at the time, but there was an outfit around here a couple of years ago at that work. They had a 300hp+ Fendt and a crusher like that and going along behind it was a Fordson Major with a mid-mounted grader blade. I was highly amused :laugh:

I can't remember if I put up pics at the time, but there was an outfit around here a couple of years ago at that work. They had a 300hp+ Fendt and a crusher like that and going along behind it was a Fordson Major with a mid-mounted grader blade. I was highly amused :laugh:
That would have been some sight alright! Fair age range there!

Yep.
The road had daft curbings down it. So they crushed one side and used the other side to get a level for depth and camber. Woked well!

Their blade was a fransguard. Had a world of work and abuse done behind the big fendt. Highly praised! Was a 6 way blade too, fella said he wouldnt bother with less than 6 way
Do they do the levelling by eye or is there a bit of lazer involved?

Do they do the levelling by eye or is there a bit of lazer involved?
All by eye.
I dont know how they go about leveling yards though.
A different crowd did a yard for my uncle and they had one of those telescopic screeders to get it just so.

Almost that time of the year again, silage sides going on the West!

20160610_142649.jpg

Started shearing yesterday, 3 lads got 600 odd done between 11am and 6pm. Was a full time job for me just keeping the trailer full for them! Was loading the trailer from where I'm standing there, move next lots up from bigger pens down to smaller lots, then back round onto the trailer, shift sheep up from one pen to the next and back round!!

20160611_134337.jpg

Had one of these fellas in the garden the other evening, not seen (a live) one in a while, was a regular sight when i was a young boy.

20160610_175420.jpg

Weighing some pet lambs today, dog was terrified as they have no fear of him whatsoever, kept wondering up and trying to nibble him! Not a happy bunny!

20160612_121347.jpg 20160612_121513.jpg

Pit 2016
the new tedder in action, two extra rotors makes a huge difference to output.

20160704_183238.jpg 20160705_121501.jpg 20160705_132435.jpg

Hmmm... brown trouser moment for my uncle!
isn't actually on the door, perfectly balanced in a bit of a hole! I lent on the draw bar and she came down far enough to hitch back on!

20160706_112731.jpg

Pit 2016
the new tedder in action, two extra rotors makes a huge difference to output.

View attachment 37741 View attachment 37742 View attachment 37743

Hmmm... brown trouser moment for my uncle!
isn't actually on the door, perfectly balanced in a bit of a hole! I lent on the draw bar and she came down far enough to hitch back on!

View attachment 37744
Yea its a brown trouser moment alright when a trailler jumps like that :scared::scared:
Is it the hitch of the tractor orthe eyeof the trailer thats worn.

I lost a bale trailer in the middle of the junction outside the Central Bank Mint in Sandyford years ago at 5 o'clock on a Friday evening. The tractor belonged to a contractor and was usually filled from 5 gallon drums, I went about reversing back to pick up the trailer and she conked out about ten feet from it with a dirty filter and wouldn't start. It's an episode that will live long in the memory.

I lost a bale trailer in the middle of the junction outside the Central Bank Mint in Sandyford years ago at 5 o'clock on a Friday evening. The tractor belonged to a contractor and was usually filled from 5 gallon drums, I went about reversing back to pick up the trailer and she conked out about ten feet from it with a dirty filter and wouldn't start. It's an episode that will live long in the memory.

I'd say You were popular in SoCoDu that evening......:lol::lol::lol:

Back