Bale trailer length

Hydraulic extension on the broughans is a super job have 2 of them in work can tighten in a load of bales hold them steady hate to see lads going around drawing bales with big gaps between the bales makes a very unsteady load, with hofthands all you need to do is come into the trailer at a good angle not straight on never tear them anyway unless there’s desperate bullery going on. Pic is the trailer at home it’s 25ft can get them 6 long without racks 72953584-5A54-41B9-B380-3EC09A1CB1A9.jpeg

That looks like a grand trailer to be fair. I'd say if the back axle was 2ft further forward it would help. As in roughly 5/6ft from the back edge.
Yea that has been the only downfall he says with it but doesn’t really affect him.
Standard super singles I think but welded solid axles. Correct me if I'm wrong on that Daniel!
No as far as I am aware it’s only standard super singles on the axles welded straight up. Nothing fancy but does the job

I would have thought the axles look pretty right on that, a 23/24ft always looks a little odd with tandem axles imo as they cover a lot of it. If the axle was 2ft forward the front one would be very central which is what we have with the 27ish ft one here and it makes it a bit of a pain at times, can leave drawbar a bit light on smaller tractors but also takes some watching when loading it on a hill as it can and has rolled away

I would have thought the axles look pretty right on that, a 23/24ft always looks a little odd with tandem axles imo as they cover a lot of it. If the axle was 2ft forward the front one would be very central which is what we have with the 27ish ft one here and it makes it a bit of a pain at times, can leave drawbar a bit light on smaller tractors but also takes some watching when loading it on a hill as it can and has rolled away

Very valid point. If it was a single axle the axle would be mounted roughly in the midpoint of the 2 which would make a difference.

Very valid point. If it was a single axle the axle would be mounted roughly in the midpoint of the 2 which would make a difference.
2/3 length to centre of axles roughly normally but depends on what it’s cut from a lot of the time… this one tows pretty bang on even with 14 silage, but could possibly be a little further backIMG_1838.png
I’d say ours has the axles in pretty much the same place from the front as that beresford but has an extra bale behindIMG_0057.jpeg

Last edited:
Back