Bale wrap and net.

Anyone got UK price? Any more value to be had that NI prices
Was told today £74 for something i'd not heard of, supposed to be Silotite quality but the guy sells a different make every year and every year its as good as silotite. That would be a pallet rate. The net we use has jumped £30 per roll so might have to have a rethink on that. Those figures are plus vat btw.

Is the plastic levy mandatory to pay, I assume it is, but if you dispose of the plastic yourself? My main supplier quoted me a price minus the levy this morning. From googling the levy is gone up to €6.24 a roll this year. I have never used the IFFG recycling facility

Last edited:
Is the plastic levy mandatory to pay, I assume it is, but if you dispose of the plastic yourself? My main supplier quoted me a price minus the levy this morning. From googling the levy is gone up to €6.24 a roll this year. I have never used the IFFG recycling facility

Could you not just buy one roll in your local Co op and use the code off that to get the whole lot recycled without the levy?

The levy is not mandatory

How are you disposing of the plastic.

Can you buy from a southern merchant and not pay the levy so?

I don't know if you can choose not to pay the levy but there's no law stating that you have to pay it. You can buy it in some places south of the border with no levy. The levy is a recycling levy and its an agreement between the merchants and iffpg. Farm relief service, for instance, have their own plastic collection service in certain areas, and you can buy plastic without the levy from them in certain areas.

How are you disposing of the plastic.
lorry based in a town similar distance from both of us ,collects all around here at the yard, no number needed ,pay by weight and goes to a collector that goes round the towns / marts etc. you get your docket .very little wrap would have the duty paid on it.works out cheaper and collected in your yard with no hassle

lorry based in a town similar distance from both of us ,collects all around here at the yard, no number needed ,pay by weight and goes to a collector that goes round the towns / marts etc. you get your docket .very little wrap would have the duty paid on it.works out cheaper and collected in your yard with no hassle
I was just surprised the merchant quoted me a price, plus the levy, plus the VAT. so do you just tell the merchant you don't want to pay the levy @muckymanor

I was just surprised the merchant quoted me a price, plus the levy, plus the VAT. so do you just tell the merchant you don't want to pay the levy @muckymanor
round here it comes across the border ,but there was alot of wrap going to both your and @Nashty country, it was all levy free but looks like yee were paying a levy that wasn't being passed back.there was a big tighten up on it last year though and the suppliers just across the way were only a few euro cheaper to southern buyers compared to up to 15 a roll a few year ago ,I persume go further North there better deals

Anyone using or used rhino bale wrap? What’s it like
I had problem with rhino wrap a few years ago. Bought a full pallet and about 1 in 4 rolls were impossible to use - it would break on every few turns of the wrapper. They replaced the wrap for me - even a few of the half used rolls. I wouldn't buy rhino again.

Back