Balebaron

ProDrive

Saw this in Farmers Weekly, looks a complicated piece of kit. :whistling:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CK2IHPIzBI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4CK2IHPIzBI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
what is that bale bandit thing the chaff peddler keeps banging on about?

Must weigh a bit and take a fair few ponies to run though does it??

that was the downfall of the mcconell ,back then tractors were on the small side power wise and didnt have the hydraulic capacity to run things like this .
they were just a machine before there time and when tractors were bigger round bales were the in thing

I worked on a farm with a Mc packer and it was used behind a MF baler (128 :001_unsure:) behind an IH hydro 574 or MF 595. It was quite slow but it was a handy way of clearing a field. It needed to be a one operator machine because it seemed to have a few idiosyncrasies.
The new machine looks quite something but it will have to get through some work to justify. I saw what I think was an Acrusin last summer on straw following an inline baler, possibly MF. Two tractors and drivers plus the accumulator did not appear to be keeping up with the baler. (least not on that occasion).

Just watched the Vid, would have thought that would be a bastard in soft conditions with weight and small castor wheels.
Looks as though they were adding a preserver. Anyone use that over here?

A good machine. But you will need an over bigish tractor to pull it round becouse it will weigh a fair bit. And becouse of the oil flow I think it would need. But you can clear fields quiker stack easyer. I wounder if you could collect the bales with a chaser if you are doing big amounts of bales.

wonder if you could wrap that for horsey people with 998 or do you think there would be too much air and it would go mouldy

Back