Bearing puller set

josh

Moderator/IT Guy
I need to take out some bearings as pictured so need to get a bearing puller set. Any recommendations for a set that will do shaft and blind bearings?

Attachments

• PXL_20210217_141237467.jpg
    PXL_20210217_141237467.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 66
slide hammer?...................................................................................................................

Thanks folks, making a slide hammer isn't a problem but getting the right thing to attach to the end of said slide hammer is another thing.

The collet setup here would do the trick:

I use this kit,https://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/p/sykes-pickavant-heavy-duty-hydraulic-puller-kit/p-125106
it has the extractors for bearings in blind holes and slide hammer included. Not cheap though , I would think a similar unbranded set would be just fine for a lot less cash.
The slide hammer with it is a bit light so I ve made a heavier one
I've used that kit before (not mine I'll add) and it's a great kit. One day maybe... I'd like a set with the hydraulic puller if possible. I seem to recall a cheaper set that was recommended at some point in the past but don't remember the details.

I've used that kit before (not mine I'll add) and it's a great kit. One day maybe... I'd like a set with the hydraulic puller if possible. I seem to recall a cheaper set that was recommended at some point in the past but don't remember the details.
Broke a leg on a (very) cheap set last week. I was belting the ball joint I was trying to release with a hammer with the hydraulic puller up to the last so might be a tiny bit my fault. I would not like to have stopped it.

Won't be doing that again.

Attachments

• 20210301_224339.jpg
    20210301_224339.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 56
Broke a leg on a (very) cheap set last week. I was belting the ball joint I was trying to release with a hammer with the hydraulic puller up to the last so might be a tiny bit my fault. I would not like to have stopped it.

Won't be doing that again.
Ouch...

Back