Beef Welfare Scheme

Kinda same as that. Half wondering if its a business booster for the vets and co-ops rather than farmer
You'd think they have enough to be doing tb testing with the number of breakdowns happening. I dont actually want money for nothing, I'm happy if the scheme covers the cost of something I am or should be doing anyway like meal feeding but IBR is just not on my radar

I’ve signed up, I feed the meal anyway. Don’t see any big attraction to the Ibr testing, but at the end of the day it’s not going to cost me anything to do it. If you don’t do the ibr testing you don’t get paid for it plus get a penalty of 10% of what your total payment should have been

I’ve signed up, I feed the meal anyway. Don’t see any big attraction to the Ibr testing, but at the end of the day it’s not going to cost me anything to do it. If you don’t do the ibr testing you don’t get paid for it plus get a penalty of 10% of what your total payment should have been
IBR testing at this stage, is similar for random Covid testing now, totally pointless imv

IBR testing at this stage, is similar for random Covid testing now, totally pointless imv
I think the department are trying to get a handle on how widespread ibr is in the suckler herd. What they will actually do with this information is anyone’s guess! It does seem a bit pointless to me.

Forget about testing for it Its everywhere, I'd say there isn't a dairy herd in the country that doesn't have it

I suspect the ibr testing is a forerunner to a compulsory ibr eradication program. I've heard it mentioned but nothing concrete

A bit like the bvd testing that was supposed to be what 3 years and they still won’t give an answer if we have to test next year 🙄🙄
You can safely say if its an inconvenience to a farmer, there sure to keep it up. How long is tb a problem and they won't pull the finger out and sort it

Back