BEEP-S

This is our result. Not much detail on it really. Check your spam mail as that's were I found it.Screenshot_20201022-084850.jpg

Cheers for that, I’ll do that today, pity they couldn’t have put that on the terms and conditions. Well.... at least I couldn’t see it :detective:
Anyway thanks.

Can VAT be claimed back on weighing scales, there's bolt holes on my weighing tray so wouldnt mind bolting it down if need be. Non vat registered farmer btw.

Can VAT be claimed back on weighing scales, there's bolt holes on my weighing tray so wouldnt mind bolting it down if need be. Non vat registered farmer btw.

No.
Several have tried but they refuse outright

What did the description on the docket say and what description did they put on the form to claim the VAT back, did they put down mobile weighing scales by any chance.
It depends sometimes how you word something

What did the description on the docket say and what description did they put on the form to claim the VAT back, did they put down mobile weighing scales by any chance.
It depends sometimes how you word something
The docket just says “O’Neill cattle weighing scales”, no word of mobile. I last reclaimed VAT a month ago and something tells me that I saw somewhere that they may request a photo to be uploaded of a fixture. It may be worth sending in either way, all they can say is yes or no.

The docket just says “O’Neill cattle weighing scales”, no word of mobile. I last reclaimed VAT a month ago and something tells me that I saw somewhere that they may request a photo to be uploaded of a fixture. It may be worth sending in either way, all they can say is yes or no.
It's worth a try, write a wee note saying it's fixed in place in the cattle crush or something like that. What section on the form do you claim it under, I know I claimed for slat mats but can't remember what section.
I have claimed for bags of cement and reinforcing steel that I used to make concrete posts and they never questioned it, I just stated clearly what it was used for

It's worth a try, write a wee note saying it's fixed in place in the cattle crush or something like that. What section on the form do you claim it under, I know I claimed for slat mats but can't remember what section.
I have claimed for bags of cement and reinforcing steel that I used to make concrete posts and they never questioned it, I just stated clearly what it was used for
IFA have something on it in a media article where they made an approach to revenue on behalf of farmers and revenues response was that they haven't and don't refund vat on single cattle weighing scales.

Cement and steel are no problem, paint is a grey area as it’s not identified if for agricultural or domestic use. It’s all online application now where you photograph and upload the invoice when they ask you to, each year must be applied for separately.

IFA have something on it in a media article where they made an approach to revenue on behalf of farmers and revenues response was that they haven't and don't refund vat on single cattle weighing scales.
Think I read that too but think it was a number of years ago and may have changed since. I’m going to log onto ROS and Vat 58 section now to look for more info.

Cement and steel are no problem, paint is a grey area as it’s not identified if for agricultural or domestic use. It’s all online application now where you photograph and upload the invoice when they ask you to, each year must be applied for separately.
Can you not apply using the print out form anymore, does it have to be online

This is our result. Not much detail on it really. Check your spam mail as that's were I found it.View attachment 83595
Sent samples to them before.liver was high but we are a hi liver and rumen fluke area.rumen was negative but we knew there was some.sampled same cows again when results came back and was a high positive.they were even coughing rightly with the rumen fluke.zanil sorted it.wasnt impressed with that lab

Can you not apply using the print out form anymore, does it have to be online
Fairly sure it’s online only now. Just looked it up and no info available so I sent them an email requesting clarification on my “bolted down in the crush cattle weighing scales platform”.

Sent samples to them before.liver was high but we are a hi liver and rumen fluke area.rumen was negative but we knew there was some.sampled same cows again when results came back and was a high positive.they were even coughing rightly with the rumen fluke.zanil sorted it.wasnt impressed with that lab
Is there more detail from the other labs or anything? I wouldn't be too encouraged to do it again tbh

Fairly sure it’s online only now. Just looked it up and no info available so I sent them an email requesting clarification on my “bolted down in the crush cattle weighing scales platform”.
Got an email back from the Revenue confirming that VAT is NOT refundable on weighing scales. Oh well...

Did anyone find out where we are supposed to record the weaning dates online? Or are we just to take a note of them in case of an inspection?

Did anyone find out where we are supposed to record the weaning dates online? Or are we just to take a note of them in case of an inspection?

Its supposed to be sent in within 7 days of weighing , and preferably on line .
I managed to register the weights of 2 cows , over the course of an hour.
I rang ICBF , to get a form posted out to me , and to convey my displeasure with their website...... that went well

Form arrived , and 5 minute job to fill it out .

Reactions: Paw
Its supposed to be sent in within 7 days of weighing , and preferably on line .
I managed to register the weights of 2 cows , over the course of an hour.
I rang ICBF , to get a form posted out to me , and to convey my displeasure with their website...... that went well

Form arrived , and 5 minute job to fill it out .
You might have misread my comment above, weaning dates I was asking about? Don't see where it asks you to record it but read an article yesterday that suggested it was necessary to record the weaning dates.
I have the weight recording done and submitted online a while back, found that ok.

Found it since on Agfood under Beep-S scheme documentation, seems to be a requirement to have it sent back before they will process you. Screenshot of form below.

Back