Berthoud Trailed Sprayer Rebuild

How many litres is it and is that a new tank and if it is where did it fail .
Did you find any cracks that I should look out for .

Its a 3200. Bought it last october in the UK as a racer 25, but when it arrived home and i filled it up the gauge kept rising:confused: After lookin at photos on agriaffaires i realised mine had a bigger tank than i thought. Must have been replaced at some stage for some reason but i'm not complaining.
Good solid frame with no cracks or welds, a small bit of tidying to the booms as i was taking them apart.
Just planned on touching it up in a few places where the paint was peeling but after getting carried away with it now.

Nice looking sprayer [MENTION=1625]John Mc[/MENTION] - is it quite close to me....?

Well wear.

Nice looking sprayer [MENTION=1625]John Mc[/MENTION] - is it quite close to me....?

Well wear.

I should be passing ur door wit it in a few weeks time all going to plan.
Its a bit of a jigsaw at the moment wit parts scattered all over the floor of the shed.

I should be passing ur door wit it in a few weeks time all going to plan.
Its a bit of a jigsaw at the moment wit parts scattered all over the floor of the shed.

Good man John. Your dad had told me of the purchase. Looks really well, you'll know the machine and trust it after going through it like that.
Will you go through the pump?

Well wear with it. A fella would get knocked down by trailed sprayers now they're so plentiful around.

Hardi Mega Rebuild

Great reliable sprayer,
Gamma 160 pump,hardly much need to open her,good reliable pump
See she on the older round pots,what width @ john mc? Or what booms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

]
Good man John. Your dad had told me of the purchase. Looks really well, you'll know the machine and trust it after going through it like that.
Will you go through the pump?

Well wear with it. A fella would get knocked down by trailed sprayers now they're so plentiful around.

Sound John. The boss wasn't too excited wen he seen this in the yard but hes after mellowing out a bit now, think he was jus insulted wen I said his sprayer was too small:lol:

I changed a few of the o-rings on some of the fittings around the pump but I think the pump itself should be fine. Sprayed the winter barley wit it wen I got it and all seemed ok. Pump is simple to access on them if ever the need too afterwards anyway.
Ur right der is a nice variety of sprayers around ere.

Last edited:
This lot just back from being blasted and powder coated.
DSC_0702[1].jpg

DSC_0714[1].jpg

I kept some of the heavier or more awkward parts back and painted them myself
DSC_0651[1].jpg

DSC_0667[1].jpg

DSC_0635[1].jpg

DSC_0660[1].jpg

Rcsi booms john,any harm to ask how much did the powder coating cost?pm if you want.
Lovely looking job

Rcsi booms john,any harm to ask how much did the powder coating cost?pm if you want.
Lovely looking job

Yep RCSI 21metre.

1k to blast, 1 coat of a primer and 1 coat of blue.

Well worth it though, I wud hav been forever sanding and painting that lot and probly wud hav cost as much buying paint.
And very nice finish to it, a hard plasticy finish.

1 week with http://powdercoatingireland.com/

105 parts in total from small little things to the sections of the booms and mast.

Wow, I've no experience with powder coating but 1k sounds like a mighty deal to me! That's not even €10 per piece, I would have guessed twice that.

Seriously tempted to do that on our own sprayer in time to come.

Wow, I've no experience with powder coating but 1k sounds like a mighty deal to me! That's not even €10 per piece, I would have guessed twice that.

Seriously tempted to do that on our own sprayer in time to come.

I thought the price was going to be twice that or more too.
I had the trailer loaded up to bring it somewhere to get blasted and then paint paint it myself so i said i'd jus chance calling to them lads to see what sort of price twud be.

Although i'm not sure they'll be rushing into a job like that again at that price, when i collected the parts they told me they weren't ever again goin to price a job by walking around a trailer of parts. They never realised how much stuff was underneath the booms:whistle:

Last edited:
With respect to [MENTION=1844]towbar[/MENTION], I think this berthoud project should have its own thread, if [MENTION=1625]John Mc[/MENTION] is happy to do so. what do ye think [MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION], [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION], [MENTION=9]Mike[/MENTION], [MENTION=3033]josh[/MENTION].

no odds to me but definitely I can see this being useful in a separate thread for searching or rename thread to the sprayer rebuild thread - great info John

With respect to [MENTION=1844]towbar[/MENTION], I think this berthoud project should have its own thread, if [MENTION=1625]John Mc[/MENTION] is happy to do so. what do ye think [MENTION=324]tinman[/MENTION], [MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION], [MENTION=9]Mike[/MENTION], [MENTION=3033]josh[/MENTION].
I have just split this out now, good idea [MENTION=3048]ithastopay[/MENTION] [emoji106]

Back