Best agitator

I like the cross it can blow 5 bays from one side when there’s plenty of water, the NC 3800 cannot move 5 bays from one side no matter how much water there was. Water is the key but a bigger output agitator will let you know when you need water faster definitely, and if there’s enough water in the tank it will mix it much faster. I was between a cross and an NC4800 both were the same price but I thought a change from an NC would be no harm to try anyway. I have been talking to a few of the larger slurry contractors around this side recently and they all tell me now that the Abbey rapid will blow the cross and NC out of the water, I rang a salesman about them twice and he never rang me back so I’ll never know

I like the cross it can blow 5 bays from one side when there’s plenty of water, the NC 3800 cannot move 5 bays from one side no matter how much water there was. Water is the key but a bigger output agitator will let you know when you need water faster definitely, and if there’s enough water in the tank it will mix it much faster. I was between a cross and an NC4800 both were the same price but I thought a change from an NC would be no harm to try anyway. I have been talking to a few of the larger slurry contractors around this side recently and they all tell me now that the Abbey rapid will blow the cross and NC out of the water, I rang a salesman about them twice and he never rang me back so I’ll never know
How much was it

My cross was 4800 in 2008 I'm fairly sure, including vat so gone up just over 2k.
The bearing is an absolute bazxtard of a job,days work for two men
I've done it twice I think
The corners on the impeller bend in after a while reducing output.
I heat them and give them a slap of a sledge Insitu
Good machine overall

If you have 180hp and the current mixer isn't working you may be at your limit regarding viscosity if the stuff you are trying to pump/mix, you can't beat Physica, water is your only man.

As most have said. Without water you are at nothing, but if you want to spunk money on a flash agitator to try and defy physics, i’ve always liked the look of the storth. You could chance one and let us know how you get on.

Attachments

• 160BA407-2D16-4AF2-809F-5C389754FCB2.jpeg
    160BA407-2D16-4AF2-809F-5C389754FCB2.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 96
What's the smallest depth agitator that can be got? For some reason I have 5ft in the head but I could be wrong.
Going converting the sheep tanks to take a pump type agitator and was just wondering how deep i needed to go with the sumps.

Wexoman agitator here and there is great power in it. But always use water. Always thought a spike sticking out at the bottom would be useful until a friend said he took it off his.

What's the smallest depth agitator that can be got? For some reason I have 5ft in the head but I could be wrong.
Going converting the sheep tanks to take a pump type agitator and was just wondering how deep i needed to go with the sumps.
There is a shed beside me and they put in 4ft deep tanks but the mixing point at the end was 6ft deep.
I know that they bought an old mixer and cut it to shorten it and it must have been to mix inside in the shed at the 4ft deep section of tank.
The tank was 4 bays long

There is a shed beside me and they put in 4ft deep tanks but the mixing point at the end was 6ft deep.
I know that they bought an old mixer and cut it to shorten it and it must have been to mix inside in the shed at the 4ft deep section of tank.
The tank was 4 bays long
Going to get a nc 3000su and shorten it. Something to be done over the winter.

Wouldn’t building up the ground at the agitation point be easier and keep the value on the pump?
It's never that simple! The agitation point is in side, I have to cut a gap in a wall and put a door in it and lift a section of timber slats to get the agitator in. That picture will give ya a idea. That's the far end of the tank. There's no external mixing point. It's getting the depth do that the spout of the agitator is under the timber runners carrying the slats.

Attachments

• Snapchat-438898617.jpg
    Snapchat-438898617.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 64
Back