Best low cost firewood setup

Putting the kindling on top worked again . You know you have reached peak tillage baron when you light the fire at 1.30 on the first of February.

Stovax stove in the parents house has a pipe across the top of it around 40mm in diameter with a series of holes in it pointing at the front glass, there’s a slide on the top to regulate the air flow into it and if you turn it off it’s amazing how quickly the glass darkens, open it up and it does a fairly good job of clearing it in a few minutes

For all the wood burners out there, well worth a read

Attachments

• 1814155.jpeg
    1814155.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 164
Did you end up going that route in the end? I'm thinking it would be useful around the place and need a set of pallet forks anyway.
I just saw the same setup this evening.

Attachments

• F8C81555-CA27-495F-A072-37BFE79D4865.jpeg
    F8C81555-CA27-495F-A072-37BFE79D4865.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 36812A60-0E7F-4F6F-A7D2-C56E1EF76364.jpeg
    36812A60-0E7F-4F6F-A7D2-C56E1EF76364.jpeg
    315 KB · Views: 233
Anyone know anything about grant aid for wood chippers under tams?
A branch logger I would be thinking of,it mentions wood chippers

Low cost set up may not be true here but just said I would show how we do it ourselves these times.
I bought a branch logger so am.using the big splitter I built a few years ago to split rounds into staves.
The nice sized ones go through the logger straight In to a bag ,the ones too big for the logger ie more than 4 " go in to the frame.on the left and are cut in.multiples with the chain.saw which is quite fast.
When filling the bag it's ideal to have one man throw the staves in the logger and another throw the bigger ones in St the same time to give a mix of sizes.
We filled a bulk bag in 7 minutes this way.
Obviously lots of.time went in before that.splitting etc.
The big splitter can handle.3'6"long and.up.to 24" diameter though a bit smaller is easier.
Its. A faster way to.process timber than the standard log splitter and rings.
If the timber is crooked or very big the rings are still the easiest though.
I can also line up a row of rings on the big one and split them in one ram stroke ,as thus machine splits in 4 its much faster.
Sometimes we use the big one to split first then the standard machine can work handier to reduce the last bit.
We used to sell a nice bit of firewood but stopped for a few years through time constraints, back at a bit this year.
the middle picture also shows a log grab for the Eagle eyed.

Low cost set up may not be true here but just said I would show how we do it ourselves these times.
I bought a branch logger so am.using the big splitter I built a few years ago to split rounds into staves.
The nice sized ones go through the logger straight In to a bag ,the ones too big for the logger ie more than 4 " go in to the frame.on the left and are cut in.multiples with the chain.saw which is quite fast.
When filling the bag it's ideal to have one man throw the staves in the logger and another throw the bigger ones in St the same time to give a mix of sizes.
We filled a bulk bag in 7 minutes this way.
Obviously lots of.time went in before that.splitting etc.
The big splitter can handle.3'6"long and.up.to 24" diameter though a bit smaller is easier.
Its. A faster way to.process timber than the standard log splitter and rings.
If the timber is crooked or very big the rings are still the easiest though.
I can also line up a row of rings on the big one and split them in one ram stroke ,as thus machine splits in 4 its much faster.
Sometimes we use the big one to split first then the standard machine can work handier to reduce the last bit.
We used to sell a nice bit of firewood but stopped for a few years through time constraints, back at a bit this year.
the middle picture also shows a log grab for the Eagle eyed.

Is that an old mini digger in the bushes behind ?

Is that an old mini digger in the bushes behind ?
Yes its a pto driven twin Axle trailed machine.
Griesser is the make.
360 slew,18ft reach
Not sure why it's still here ,hasn't been used in a long while but it's the sort of yoke you can hitch up and go anytime.
Was a great yoke until we got a track machine

Back