Bord Bia inspection

They’ve always asked when you spread in the sustainability and what % of the total spread was spread each time. Never been asked storage capacity.

It sounds like that Sustainability Survey could become "mandatory"

There was a big debate on here about trying to fill it in last year and very little confidence in it as a result so the answers depend on my humour.

There was a big debate on here about trying to fill it in last year and very little confidence in it as a result so the answers depend on my humour.
It is mandatory, and has been for last 4 or 5 years????

Id say you are bang on. And I expect the politicians comply with the heads because if their department is not pulling with them they can be made look a lot more useless very easily.

No one will down tools or work for rule as quickly as a public service paper pusher because impossible to be sacked.
In relation to your last paragraph can you advise as to the number of days lost to tools being downed in the public sector in Ireland in the last thirty years ?
Approximate answer will do

In relation to your last paragraph can you advise as to the number of days lost to tools being downed in the public sector in Ireland in the last thirty years ?
Point taken but whens the last time there was actual reform or job cuts in public sector? No government is brave enough to because public service contracts and unions are so strong. There's only ever people or money added to solve problems. Never accountability.

08-13 Global recession being the exception to above statement when the entire world was bankrupt and then people knew they were lucky to have a job at all.

From 14-19 expenditure on public sector pay went up over 30% which dwarfed saving in the prior few years.

I would love to know the numbers of days lost to waste and inefficiency though with no accountability.
Take forestry licenses as one example.
Children's hospital.
Dublin Metro.

Look at what bord bia spent on their new office. 6.4million fit out and 1.5million rent P.A because they decided to locate in ballsbridge. Utter waste.

I would be interested in the efficiency achieved for the wage increases. The recession was a wakeup that it had to stop . A few exceptions where better service was achieved . Passport office is one.
Planning permission takes too long. Regularly on the last day they look for more information. The people looking for more info have roofs .
Prison service and Department of Justice underperforming.
Paper based health and no online booking .

Paper based health and no online booking .
A few years ago my eldest when she was a toddler had a plastics appointment following a pretty bad burn from which she made a swift and full recovery. There were maybe 20 - 30 other patients waiting to be seen as well, all similar stuff. Our appointment was for 11.30. From chatting to other people waiting it soon emerged that everyone else's appointment was 11.30 as well. Whoever thinks that is an ok thing to do should be put in charge of a something like a genocide so they could make a positive contribution to humanity.

A few years ago my eldest when she was a toddler had a plastics appointment following a pretty bad burn from which she made a swift and full recovery. There were maybe 20 - 30 other patients waiting to be seen as well, all similar stuff. Our appointment was for 11.30. From chatting to other people waiting it soon emerged that everyone else's appointment was 11.30 as well. Whoever thinks that is an ok thing to do should be put in charge of a something like a genocide so they could make a positive contribution to humanity.

I had a very similar scenario with a terminally ill person and that was during Covid so they should have known way better.

The scary thing is that this survey is used as infallible data for govt decide policy for environmental measures that we are getting more and more of

Point taken but whens the last time there was actual reform or job cuts in public sector? No government is brave enough to because public service contracts and unions are so strong. There's only ever people or money added to solve problems. Never accountability.

08-13 Global recession being the exception to above statement when the entire world was bankrupt and then people knew they were lucky to have a job at all.

From 14-19 expenditure on public sector pay went up over 30% which dwarfed saving in the prior few years.

I would love to know the numbers of days lost to waste and inefficiency though with no accountability.
Take forestry licenses as one example.
Children's hospital.
Dublin Metro.

Look at what bord bia spent on their new office. 6.4million fit out and 1.5million rent P.A because they decided to locate in ballsbridge. Utter waste.
So you don’t know the answer to the question that I posed ? In the public sector organisation near me (employing over a thousand people ) the number of days lost to strikes or downing tools as you put it over the last thirty plus years is zero .
The number of days lost to inefficiency is as nebulous a concept in the public sector as it is in the private sector.
The length of time taken to decide on a planning application is defined by legislation so get that changed if you aren’t happy . In a lot of instances the quality of information coming in from architects is well below what it should be and this leads to FI being sought that should have been provided originally eg source of water , plans to use existing tree cover as screening etc etc-basic stuff .
Over six years ( 2014 to 2019 ) public pay went up by 30 per cent . That’s an average of 5 per cent per year GROSS from which you have to deduct the various pension related deductions ( most public servants pay at least three) as well as generic taxation . Hardly extortionate.
And you want public sector job cuts as well ? Where exactly do you want these to happen? There are already difficulties in recruiting Gardai, teachers, nurses and we are not too far off a point where recruiting administrative staff at entry level will be the same.
I don’t know why Bord Bia decided to locate in Ballsbridge as they could just as easily be based in an office down the country but seeing as they are selling such a massive quantity of meat in an industry that has had its problems in the past maybe they need to project the right image to those they deal with. 1.5 m a year sounds like a lot, but it is only the weekly turnover for one livestock mart

Im pretty sure I acknowledged you'd a point on strikes in last post but anyway I'll reconfirm you do have a point there.

Wasn't myself mentioned planning either but to try suggest that I or anyone on here can go and get it changed is a little bit silly when it's been debated at nation level in the dail, on tv, on radio and raised by collosal companies etc for years without change.

The 30% was national expenditure increase on public wages so included increase in number of employees moreso than raises.

I'm absolutely not suggesting cuts in gardai, nurses or front line services. Anyone who knows someone working in those areas know they work hard.
That's not where the waste is and anyone who knows anyone working in those areas can attest that the waste and inefficiency is in the administrative areas of departments. Health service been an example most people have experienced as end users.

And every year the inefficiency seems to get worse. Look at department of agriculture as another example and all the schemes and paperwork that grows and grows as a basic example. Supposed to be a single farm payment. And schemes are often times designed so complex that you need to pay advisors to complete what should be relatively straightforward applications.

I'm also saying that it is absolutely fair as a tax paying citizen to experience a level of accountability and efficiency from public services in a relatively high tax paying economy. I don't feel we get that and I suspect many others don't either.

Most large private sector companies absolutely do track efficiency and strive for efficiency and value for money. They typically actively use technology and other resources for this.

I don't think I'm saying anything off the wall here that's not been said before publicly or privately by many others.

I do enjoy a good debate so fair play for long answers. Fond of them myself 🤣.

So you don’t know the answer to the question that I posed ? In the public sector organisation near me (employing over a thousand people ) the number of days lost to strikes or downing tools as you put it over the last thirty plus years is zero .
The number of days lost to inefficiency is as nebulous a concept in the public sector as it is in the private sector.
The length of time taken to decide on a planning application is defined by legislation so get that changed if you aren’t happy . In a lot of instances the quality of information coming in from architects is well below what it should be and this leads to FI being sought that should have been provided originally eg source of water , plans to use existing tree cover as screening etc etc-basic stuff .
Over six years ( 2014 to 2019 ) public pay went up by 30 per cent . That’s an average of 5 per cent per year GROSS from which you have to deduct the various pension related deductions ( most public servants pay at least three) as well as generic taxation . Hardly extortionate.
And you want public sector job cuts as well ? Where exactly do you want these to happen? There are already difficulties in recruiting Gardai, teachers, nurses and we are not too far off a point where recruiting administrative staff at entry level will be the same.
I don’t know why Bord Bia decided to locate in Ballsbridge as they could just as easily be based in an office down the country but seeing as they are selling such a massive quantity of meat in an industry that has had its problems in the past maybe they need to project the right image to those they deal with. 1.5 m a year sounds like a lot, but it is only the weekly turnover for one livestock mart

Does anyone know who I can contact about checking my bord bia status or arranging an inspection?

Having taken over from my father, I'm not sure if they have my contact details.

A few other people have been trying to contact the farm via his number since he passed away.

Does anyone know who I can contact about checking my bord bia status or arranging an inspection?

Having taken over from my father, I'm not sure if they have my contact details.

A few other people have been trying to contact the farm via his number since he passed away.

Stick in herd number to this.

If they were ringing and couldn't get through, a letter would arrive saying they couldn't make contact and to ring them.

You can have an inspection up to four months before your expiry date and your new certification date will be the same length as if you did it on the date it was due to expire.

Stick in herd number to this.

If they were ringing and couldn't get through, a letter would arrive saying they couldn't make contact and to ring them.

You can have an inspection up to four months before your expiry date and your new certification date will be the same length as if you did it on the date it was due to expire.
Thanks 👍🏻 expires 20th March.
Just in time.

The paperwork after someone passes is nuts, you don't realise how much there is to sort out and it's the last thing you want to be at.

Back