Bord Bia inspection

Was notified of a inspection in Dec. Got all paper work together and they eventually booked a date which ended up at the start of this covid 19. I was told I would be checked in a month as neither me or inspector where too keen on sitting around a table. Still have not got any word of a new date. Makes you think what the point in it all. Milk been collected without any issue

There are 24 different photos needed. Milking parlour, milk tank, first aid kit, housing, medicine cabinet, medical records, safety statement, spray usage, photos of stock, herd register, silage pit and bale storage area. Waste plastic disposal documentation. Crush and handling facilities, feed storage, blue cards, feed records, water test results, milk collection dockets, knackery receipts..... forgot milk collecting area

Last edited:
There are 24 different photos needed. Milking parlour, milk tank, first aid kit, housing, medicine cabinet, medical records, safety statement, spray usage, photos of stock, herd register, silage bit and vale storage area. Waste plastic disposal documentation. Crush and handling facilities, feed storage, blue cards, feed records, water test results, milk collection sockets, knackery receipts..... forgot milk collecting area
Eh when you are done with your pics forward them on to me sure. Thanks

Last year they wanted to know if I wormed the cats. I've them done this year but they've the hands tore of me and it was a fierce job to keep them in the crush.
May nearly use pour on next year
You may laugh but you can get pour on wormer for cats

I opened my first aid kit last year to find it full of snails. I posted about it somewhere else. They want a photo of your opened first aid kit now :)

i remember the first night on here that most of us realised whelan1 was female, she,d been posting away for ages and then one night she said something which i can,t remember now that left us in no doubt that she wasn,t in fact a man , it was like our virtual jaws hitting the ground :lol:

We had similar here,farm assurance via whatts app,dairy parlour cows etc..

Was easy,I left it to the mrs.:lol:
Had ours last week. Had a list of paperwork to upload the week before (2 working days I think it was). Video link on the day, a few questions to clarify some of the paperwork then a couple of short videos of the turkeys. Took longer than it could have been due to lack of phone signal in the sheds, had to do the videos then upload them via WhatsApp, would been quicker if a live link had worked in the shed.
All in all was about 40 minutes to send in the paperwork and about another 40 on the day.

Our quality insurance extension period is out next week and we've a few cattle to get away so I uploaded the photos and gave them a ring. Girl on the phone said they're snowed under and the period will be extended again till they can get to us.

:lol: what if he fails the inspection though?
Leaving gender aside wouldn't it really show it up as a farce if the same photos were submitted in different names and passed for one and failed for the other..........

Reactions: Paw
I suppose it could easily be done. But it doesn't take that long to take the photos and upload them. My phone coverage is really bad in my yard so will have to go up the road to do the phone call bit. I did ask could he ring me on WhatsApp as I'd have internet coverage in my house but it's bird bias phone he will be calling me on

Back