Bord Bia inspection

They came here and did it in person. I had uploaded everything back in june but they had a backlog and couldnt do it. The stuff disappeared somehow and we heard no more till we were killing a few cattle and factory said certification was out. Bit of a scramble but guy came out last week, took about an hour

My auditor must have been playing by the rules more than others so. Perhaps he was being more thorough as it was our first dairy audit. All was uploaded correctly beforehand and there was no issues and much of the time was spent discussing various aspects of our farm. All in all an easy process.

Would that be the follow up call I did one a fortnight ago 55 mins . then a follow up call 15 mins . Some more pictures of winter housing and a declaration about some minor issues .

I did my dairy Bord Bia SDAS audit by phone last week. The auditor told me he had to take his time as the call needed to last the full 90 minutes. Call durations are logged and he would be in trouble with higher powers if he cut it short. Find 11 minutes hard to believe.
That civil service mentality drives me mad it is one of the main issues with the scheme, the auditors have to find some faults and spend a certain amount of time holding each farmer up.

Car MOT is much like that here now it's gone computerised. Garage has to login to the system and they have a minimum time allowed to do the test.

For the amount of work done by the farmer to get the photos done and uploaded and everything right , I think 11 minutes spent by the inspector is a piss take. This wasn't in my county and the inspection was yesterday. Handy money

Got notice of our impending inspection yesterday. Looking the the suggested improvements from last time, they're pretty laughable.

Slatted shed not washed out - the cattle were in it at the time of the inspection. They will be in it this time too.

No chemical storage sign on the chemical store. We don't even have a chemical store on that farm and have never kept any chemicals there.

No contact telephone number on gate sign. The weather had washed the permanent marker off it.

Anyway it looks like we will have the option to do the audit remotely. Just waiting for the inspection to contact me with a timeframe and I will put it together.

Got notice of our impending inspection yesterday. Looking the the suggested improvements from last time, they're pretty laughable.

Slatted shed not washed out - the cattle were in it at the time of the inspection. They will be in it this time too.

No chemical storage sign on the chemical store. We don't even have a chemical store on that farm and have never kept any chemicals there.

No contact telephone number on gate sign. The weather had washed the permanent marker off it.

Anyway it looks like we will have the option to do the audit remotely. Just waiting for the inspection to contact me with a timeframe and I will put it together.
That crap drives me up the wall. We were in the middle of building a parlour at the time of a inspection. She put down building materials need tidying up. Now bear in mind the new parlour was off to one side of the farm which you wouldn't have direct contact with unless you went looking for it.

That crap drives me up the wall. We were in the middle of building a parlour at the time of a inspection. She put down building materials need tidying up. Now bear in mind the new parlour was off to one side of the farm which you wouldn't have direct contact with unless you went looking for it.
It means your 99%, their reports get reinspected. So when they have something small like that on the report they won't ask for a recheck.

It means your 99%, their reports get reinspected. So when they have something small like that on the report they won't ask for a recheck.
I know but it is pointless. They could actually say something more useful like maybe ensure steps of tractor are clean or maybe a out door light rather say a shed isn't washed even though cattle are in it.

Would product prices be much lower if there was no bord bia or little red tractor audits.
We only get whats left after the rest has there bigger share got anyway

We only get whats left after the rest has there bigger share got anyway
That's definitely confirmed when you read today's findo and see that 40% of the budget for discussion groups went to the planners. One planner got over €1 million.

Got that "slatted shed not washed" at the last inspection, I'll get it next time as well, washing it for them to shite on it again, have they nothing better to be picking on.

I had thought that contact telephone number requirement was removed from a security perspective. I'd have serious concerns about it anyway and would be saying it is not happening!

I have my eircode written in permanent marker on the bottom of my bord bia sign. In case of an emergency on farm

I had thought that contact telephone number requirement was removed from a security perspective. I'd have serious concerns about it anyway and would be saying it is not happening!

Put the bord bia lads number on it😃

I didn't know that. It was on it but weathered off. I'd prefer to have it on it. Especially as we don't live on the farm. At least if there was an issue someone could contact us.

The inspector had it on the recommendations sheet anyway.

I didn't know that. It was on it but weathered off. I'd prefer to have it on it. Especially as we don't live on the farm. At least if there was an issue someone could contact us.

The inspector had it on the recommendations sheet anyway.
Are you guys on about the farm safety signs? Or is there a different one out?

Had my audit remotely this morning, about 15 minutes on the phone and then a follow up phone call about 40 minutes later which lasted 5 minutes. Found the whole process straight forward with no surprises. Must admit though the Herdwatch app makes record keeping easier.

Had my audit remotely this morning, about 15 minutes on the phone and then a follow up phone call about 40 minutes later which lasted 5 minutes. Found the whole process straight forward with no surprises. Must admit though the Herdwatch app makes record keeping easier.
Have herdapp here and it did make the last audit quite straightforward

Have herdapp here and it did make the last audit quite straightforward

the subscription for Herdwatch is up at the end of the year so will have a look at other options then. The price has increased the last few years so need to use all its functions to justify it.

Back