Bord Bia inspection

I sent some on what's app to the inspector and he uploaded them or whatever last june..sure what else would ya be at in lockdown bar doing this shite for them. Make sure you have the " eye wash kit " visible in the 1st aid box.there pulling on it

They are more worried about the dates on it as well....

That eye wash craic is the greatest load of horse manure they ever came out with, if you get something in your eye that needs washing out the nearest water supply is what you should be after instead of rooting around for a 1st aid box.
You get lime in your eye from liming cubicles and you would understand the benefit of sterilized eye wash and a syringe to get it out fast. Lime sets like cement in your eye so needs to be forced out before it causes damage. i always have eye wash both in milking parlour and carry it on my sprayer. Small money to buy it in the likes of Boots chemist.

You get lime in your eye from liming cubicles and you would understand the benefit of sterilized eye wash and a syringe to get it out fast. Lime sets like cement in your eye so needs to be forced out before it causes damage. i always have eye wash both in milking parlour and carry it on my sprayer. Small money to buy it in the likes of Boots chemist.
Yes been there done that with the lime but hard to beat a tap to flush it out

I get the issue and you have the eyewash to hand which makes sense compared to having it stuffed in a first aid box on a shelf somewhere.

Im after sending the auditor photos and done the phone calls and he wanted more pictures sent to him and I couldnt log in to the bord bia site so I rang the helpline and they gave me an email adress to send them to. I emailed the stuff on them last friday. I thought that I was finished with it until they rang today saying that only half of the information went through. I am still writing everything down so doing anything like this online is all new to me. I have all the photos both on the computer and I even have copies of the pictures that I could put everything in a envelope and post it off to them but that wont work. Is there anyone else having trouble?
@Peter how did things work out for you in the end, got my notification on friday, could they not just settle for photographs for everything instead of photos for some things, images and scans for other things, I have my farm safety statement on here.. https://www.besmart.ie/ ... and for some reason I cant get into it or reset the password.

Anyone care to list all pictures required for a dairy and tillage inspection and other info required. Will be due one in April and might as well get some of the stuff out of the way early.

@Peter how did things work out for you in the end, got my notification on friday, could they not just settle for photographs for everything instead of photos for some things, images and scans for other things, I have my farm safety statement on here.. https://www.besmart.ie/ ... and for some reason I cant get into it or reset the password.
I did mine last week and everything was taken with a poor camera on a ten year old phone and I passed no problems.
No scans of anything

I got beat at it and got my teagasc advisor to send off the stuff for me. I think that I am qa now.:sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Phone call on Thursday pictures done today does the call last long and wat do they ask on it

They go through your herd book and bord bia book. They zoom in on the medicine cupboard and check everything they can see off your records. They asked us if we had a sheep trailer, what size it was and for a picture of the inside of it. We had a right bollox for our one, never had any issues with any inspector before but this one was out to cause trouble.

Phone call on Thursday pictures done today does the call last long and wat do they ask on it
They will ask alot on medicines esp the odd not the everyday run of the mill ones, what animal got it, date, amounts ect. Once you get over this hurdle it's straight forward then. They pulled me on the dog in the dairy. The dog is like my shadow and is with me the hole time I never copped him in the pic Jesus the big thing they made of it was unreal

They will ask alot on medicines esp the odd not the everyday run of the mill ones, what animal got it, date, amounts ect. Once you get over this hurdle it's straight forward then. They pulled me on the dog in the dairy. The dog is like my shadow and is with me the hole time I never copped him in the pic Jesus the big thing they made of it was unreal
Support dog !!! Couldnt say much then

It turns out I have to redo the safety statement as the HSA site won't accept my login details so I also requested a paper version in case the same happens again, bit surprised to see a picture of my tractor and vacuum tank in the paper version..IMG_20210310_121244.jpg

It turns out I have to redo the safety statement as the HSA site won't accept my login details so I also requested a paper version in case the same happens again, bit surprised to see a picture of my tractor and vacuum tank in the paper version..View attachment 88666
Why do you think the HSA feel that tractor and tanker is particularly dangerous.......

Got a text from bord bia to say my next audit will be due by jan 2nd.
Had online job last june and seemingly they were to be only a 12 mth job but it's pushed back out to 18 mths

Got a text from bord bia to say my next audit will be due by jan 2nd.
Had online job last june and seemingly they were to be only a 12 mth job but it's pushed back out to 18 mths
I got the same. Mid January. Will try and get it done before calving starts

Might look for to pull it back to dec. I miss the audits and paperwork so much I wouldn't like to start a nother year

So I have a letter to say my SBLAS cert expires mid May and am due for reinspection/audit, OK thats all fine, reading down the letter I get to a bit about sustainability which states I have to complete a survey online using my herd number and a PIN to log in, this survey should be done in advance of the audit and must be completed to be considered for certification, pissy day outside so I might as well do the survey, at the top it states that dates to be used are to be from the last calendar year unless otherwise stated so that would be 2020, nowhere does it state otherwise but when I insert dates from 2020 for slurry spreading it says "Are you sure, these dates may be wrong", anyway I proceed having checked to see firstly had it referred to any year other than 2020 and it hadn't. Filled the whole thing out down to the end and when I tried to submit it it ruled me out saying "There is no SBLAS audit conducted for your herd number" and the damn thing wont go any further, I mean why the fcuk send me a letter telling me to complete an audit online that cannot be submitted.

Back