Brexit, Covid, War, and crazy prices

Agreed.
I remember my grandfather talking about food stamps and I don't think it was a bad concept given every child/person needs food. Like your Dunne's stores vouchers cannot be used for alcohol/cigarettes. At least some chance kids or partners getting fed and clothed then in troubled families or any family really who needs it.

They/we would still have the cash flow into house whatever it may be to spent on other stuff good or bad.
The greens want a system like that only it limits your carbon spend . I think the cut of point is three foreign holidays and 100 tonnes of fertilizer .

The British are introducing some version of this ,re travelling etc within and outside the country I understand.
Makes sense in ways,those with plenty of money should not be able to do as they like while ordinary people pay higher green taxes and can't afford to travel then.
The notion is outrageous in many ways but the future heralds change it seems

the drs are furious with the new under 8s free health scheme,cos its free now there coming into the drs every little thing, that if they had to pay anything at all they wouldn't consider it necessary to go to one at all

And then if you are really sick, it could be over a week before you get an appointment.

I see no one from the government could be arsed to come on Prime Time last nite to explain why Ireland has the highest power prices in the EU and why the so called energy regulator is a joke shop??!!😠

Eamon Ryan was busy at the harvest of his lettuces.

I see no one from the government could be arsed to come on Prime Time last nite to explain why Ireland has the highest power prices in the EU and why the so called energy regulator is a joke shop??!!😠
Bertie Ahern's regulator is the reason we have the dearest electricity in the EU.
In the first 5 years the regulator brought us from the 2nd cheapest country in the EU to buy electricity to the 2nd dearest.
Before the 1st meeting the ESB was very worried, they spent weeks checking their budget and figuring out how much they could pare costs by, they came up with the strategy to offer a 5% reduction a hope to get away with anything less than 7.5%. The regulator forced the ESB to increase the price of electricity and also increase the standing charges and connection fees. The ESB were gobsmacked leaving the meeting. The next 4 years the ESB went in offering to cut prices and each of the years the regulator forced them to increase prices.

Under the guise of getting "competition into the electricity market " i remember it well at the time.all these poxy little "energy provider's " who don't own so much as a spade to dig a pole hole.

Profiteering on the backs of us all.some outfit.imagine that mentioned runt above as president. George hook was right

It's hard to fathom some of this.
It's esb or eirgrid that buys excess electricity from the joe soaps with backyard wind turbines or solar for a set price.
And then any electricity provider can sell this to domestic or business customers?

Should we not all become electricity providers in the marketplace so?

Back