Broadband

you sure? i think that is to try and protect them if certain areas within that coloured area do not have coverage. but then again i can't see them providing 4g in pretty rural areas before they'd have it up and running in places like letterkenny, or even sligo?:confused:

makes no sense.

It would be more about topology tbh and placement of masts, afaik. Obviously they enable it on particular masts but sure who is concerned with letterkenny?

It would be more about topology tbh and placement of masts, afaik. Obviously they enable it on particular masts but sure who is concerned with letterkenny?

well in the northwest it's the closest thing we have to a city:D it's just funny it would be available in more rurual areas like killybegs for example before it was available in the larger towns. i think the problem for towns though used to be concrete structure hampering the signal but 4g with it's different bandwidth should penetrate these better than 3g.

you sure? i think that is to try and protect them if certain areas within that coloured area do not have coverage. but then again i can't see them providing 4g in pretty rural areas before they'd have it up and running in places like letterkenny, or even sligo?:confused:

makes no sense.
have you used 4g in killybegs of late ?
im only going on what ive read into, but its pretty clear.
Service is subject to device capabilities and network availability. The coverage result in the above map is a network prediction and therefore not a guarantee of service availability. Connection speeds can vary with local conditions, the number of users in your area, the device you are using, and general internet traffic. 'Good' coverage indicates that you should be able to connect both outdoors and indoors subject to the conditions already mentioned. A 'fair' coverage result indicates that you should be able to connect outdoors but may experience some restrictions indoors

im supposed to have 4g in the yard a long time ago, best it can manage is E a lot of the time but of late i see she might pick up H+ if im swing out of something high.
its all a smoke screen for the customer.
afaik eircom are geting ready to roll out a tv package and if they are at that, then i wouldnt think they are too worried about geting 4g in remote places when it would involve spending more money than they would ever take back.
but its nice to hit the headlines now and again to throw some more hope oil onto the dwindling fire of hope thats already going.
it ill come some day, but it ill be a long time yet.

well in the northwest it's the closest thing we have to a city:D it's just funny it would be available in more rurual areas like killybegs for example before it was available in the larger towns. i think the problem for towns though used to be concrete structure hampering the signal but 4g with it's different bandwidth should penetrate these better than 3g.

:thumbup:

Concrete and steel beams would throw it out alright.

I imagine they thought killibegs might be served by sligo?

:thumbup:

Concrete and steel beams would throw it out alright.

I imagine they thought killibegs might be served by sligo?
i was in sligo three months ago looking for a 4g signal and i couldnt get one.
and i was standing in the town center.

It's invisible to the naked eye...:whistle:

I'm still on a 3g phone so no 4g for me atm.

It's invisible to the naked eye...:whistle:

I'm still on a 3g phone so no 4g for me atm.
so thats where i was going wrong all the time.....

i have the 4g phone alright, but no 4g locally.
in fairness when im in dublin its seriously fast alright.
but then again, if im in the brothers house, im on 250mb wireless so i dont be looking for 4g too much.

yes but on the coverage map there is no 4g at sligo i think. maybe they don't have it out in killybegs, but its on the coverage map. and it's not to say there are many 4g areas on the coverage map. i'd be surprised to see them lie just about killybegs and donegal town.

I was working in Maynooth for the summer and three had no reception on a phone I was using for broadband anywhere around the house and my Meteor phone wasn't much better. that was just on the edge of town beside the M4 it wasn't in a hollow and there defiantly wasn't tall structures around or layers of foil backed insulation in the house.
If they can't provide a good service that close to Dublin :thumbdown:

its a wonder sky havnt started broadband in the country.
Got a grand letter from sky the other day explaining why they were intending to take more money from me and how it would be funding their improvements to services that I don't avail of,:angry: also how they wanted me to be the FIRST to know about their fibre network coming to my area, now I thought to myself that the man in the moon had a better chance of arriving here so I rang them to see what the story was, as expected they could not say when if ever it would be available.

Not sure who it's with but have an aerial and have like be off sight with a mast in timahoe. €30 a month ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420652435.836980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine if you got working on that, it would be 50 mb in no time. :eek:

A friend of a friend had a mobile router stuck up on a 20ft pole above the house with a plastic shopping bag over it for weatherproofing. It worked well until the first bad storm hit :D

Speed here tonight:

4041207724.png

yes but on the coverage map there is no 4g at sligo i think. maybe they don't have it out in killybegs, but its on the coverage map. and it's not to say there are many 4g areas on the coverage map. i'd be surprised to see them lie just about killybegs and donegal town.
sure seeing since your not far away, why not try it out for yourself to see if there is or not.

Getting this using Vodafone 10GB a month mobile broadband for 19.99.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/1112840888
that id be in dublin would it not?
different outside yer shell hio.

sure seeing since your not far away, why not try it out for yourself to see if there is or not.

that id be in dublin would it not?
different outside yer shell hio.
Yep that is in Dublin and I have seen it much better than that most nights.

Will test it in Wexford in the next few days but wouldn't be expecting it to be significantly different to be honest.

Yep that is in Dublin and I have seen it much better than that most nights.

Will test it in Wexford in the next few days but wouldn't be expecting it to be significantly different to be honest.
why dont ya bring it up here til you see........:whistling::lol::lol:

Back