Broadband

Has any ever set up. Point to point wifi bridge , my own house I can't get fixed line broadband , but my parents house is about 2.5k away , with a line of site , it's vodafone they have , so what frequency antenna would I need ?

You could use two NanoStation Loco M2 Directional Antennas to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon:

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I4QK8O0"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I4QK8O0[/ame]

The range of these is 5km with a clear line of sight, so this should work for you. After you configure them to connect to one another place one on each building, pointing at each other. The antennas connect up to a Router with an Ethernet cable. You'll need another Router in your house as well.

got meteor 4g mobile broadband here yesterday. speed test came back as7.6mbps download, 10.2 upload and ping speed of 40. a lot better than our old 3 broadband anyway!

Broadband here with 3, have had no internet since yesterday, is it just my wi-fi or is it a country wide issue?

Nothing here, cannot access the internet message.

Try going into the network settings tab in your router configuration. Select 4G only. If that doesn't work try selecting 3G only. Sometimes one type of service goes down on the mast you are connected to and you may get service on the other one.

If that doesn't work, turn off the router and pull the sim card out. Blow some air in there to clean dust out. Put sim card back in and see how it goes. I lost a few days internet because of that in the past.

Do you have an external antenna?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 09.03.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 09.03.15.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 6
3 had a major outage yesterday which I think is resolved

anybody still with problems try restarting all the devices, modem ,pc etc,

Try going into the network settings tab in your router configuration. Select 4G only. If that doesn't work try selecting 3G only. Sometimes one type of service goes down on the mast you are connected to and you may get service on the other one.

If that doesn't work, turn off the router and pull the sim card out. Blow some air in there to clean dust out. Put sim card back in and see how it goes. I lost a few days internet because of that in the past.

Do you have an external antenna?
It's been a bit of a disaster with them lately, speed test as low as 0.09 download, any less and it would be nonexistent, several phone calls, SIM out trick, last Friday morning they sent out an email with a list of fixes for different routers but not the B525 which they know is my type, hearing all about the 10 times faster speed 5g will give when they can't even give a fix or service for current setups is a bit annoying.

It's been a bit of a disaster with them lately, speed test as low as 0.09 download, any less and it would be nonexistent, several phone calls, SIM out trick, last Friday morning they sent out an email with a list of fixes for different routers but not the B525 which they know is my type, hearing all about the 10 times faster speed 5g will give when they can't even give a fix or service for current setups is a bit annoying.

They are a very mixed bag to deal with but the actual internet has been ok. Just as well as I've very little other options where we are at the moment! I find if I can get talking with a technician the problems get sorted pretty quickly.

Got fed up with their messing and went with imagine. It's a good bit more expensive but bang on speed wise. Streaming the Liverpool match on now TV at the moment. Would be able to watch a YouTube video on the phone as well if I wanted.

Are Imagine cold calling now as well? Had an installer/sales guy here late last week but once he saw my dish and I was with Rocket, he scampered!

Are Imagine cold calling now as well? Had an installer/sales guy here late last week but once he saw my dish and I was with Rocket, he scampered!
Yes, they called here last week. They are using the free Voip phone as a selling point, but I'd say that isnt worth a shite

We where using hotspot for the last few years and was grand but we got sick of it so got imagine last week... Also watching the soccer currently and a bit of Netflix savage fast no waiting for it to load it great . The guys installing it said we couldn't really get much better

That's abysmal download speed. Give me a shout sometime and I'll see if I can help.
Congestion and demand at evening time when all are home is the excuse given, when we were in full lockdown it wasn't as useless, upload is still acceptable. Didn't realize you had moved, did you get a place ?

Congestion and demand at evening time when all are home is the excuse given, when we were in full lockdown it wasn't as useless, upload is still acceptable. Didn't realize you had moved, did you get a place ?

It certainly can have a bearing, just checked and mine is down to 4mbit/s download and 8mbit/s upload. Still very useable. Setting up the antenna is key I have found. I wouldn't be without a decent external antenna now.

It's all in progress at the moment, say no more... :wink:

Good to see some acknowledgement of the issues with eir and comreg, whether anything will come of it is debatable...

We get a lot of people coming to us at work with issues with eir. We have found that its pointless ringing them or emailing them as they neither answer respond. What we do nowadays is write a letter and send it by registered post and cc it to comreg - It's the only way to get them to respond.

We get a lot of people coming to us at work with issues with eir. We have found that its pointless ringing them or emailing them as they neither answer respond. What we do nowadays is write a letter and send it by registered post and cc it to comreg - It's the only way to get them to respond.
Change supplier.hit them where it hurts.know a couple of eir workers.they not worked let a know over worked by any means thats out n about in the vans.still a state like work mentality in it

Back