Buying kit in the current climate

I bought the boat but not the one you were suggesting! unfortunately i have no straw to sell!!!
Mine is only a poor man's boat,no need for a mooring in the yacht club .
When the lake is free and only 2 miles away its a shame not to get value out of it.its a 19ft speed boat with a 75hp outboard,am trying to attach a picture but the files are too big
We had a few great days messing about in the good weather!

262172372_2206342519540504_6874477525688861450_n.jpg

Templetuohy Farm Machinery Ltd

h118h09i1p9luh1df ·

John Deere 6120M Finance Example: Retail Price† €116,263. Customer Trade In €59,000. Finance Amount €.57,263. 60 monthly payments of €954.38. Total Cost of Credit €0. Fixed APR 0%* (Annual Percentage Rate) as at 22/09/21.
†Excludes delivery & related charges. Model is shown for illustrative purposes only. *Lending criteria and conditions apply (Over 18s only). APR is inclusive of a documentation fee and purchase fee of €63.49 each. To qualify for this Finance Offer a minimum deposit of 5% is required. Rate quoted is correct as at 22/09/21 and is subject to change. Offer available on all new 6120M’s ordered from 01/09/21 until 14/11/21 at Templetuohy Farm Machinery Ltd. This is a Business Hire Purchase agreement provided by Bank of Ireland t/a Bank of Ireland Finance. Ownership remains with Bank of Ireland until the final payment is made.
Warning: You may have to pay charges if you repay early, in full or in part, a fixed rate credit facility.
#johndeere #tractor #farmmachinery
See less
— at Templetuohy Farm Machinery Ltd.

A 6100M was 83,000 inl vat last year without a loader that was cash price no trade in. So the above tractor should be around the 100inl vat I recon.
Last night the brother sold his 08 Land Rover defender crew cab for 23,000, I thought it mad money, a dealer was giving him 18 but the brother said he try it on done deal, a lad came form Dublin with the money last nite and drove her home. Everything seems mental money.

Ownership remains with Bank of Ireland until the final payment is made.

That’s the bit that puts me off.

A 6100M was 83,000 inl vat last year without a loader that was cash price no trade in. So the above tractor should be around the 100inl vat I recon.
Last night the brother sold his 08 Land Rover defender crew cab for 23,000, I thought it mad money, a dealer was giving him 18 but the brother said he try it on done deal, a lad came form Dublin with the money last nite and drove her home. Everything seems mental money.
I stand by what i said its absurd for what it is. Got a friend with a 2012 Land Rover which i'm trying to persuade him to sell, low mileage, tidy, worth a small fortune, i about got him beat but his father is putting up more of a fight unfortunately!

You'd wonder where people are getting the money? There has been a major slow down for a huge proportion of the economy for 6 of the last 21 months. Your brothers deal could be a once off but we hear about deals like that all over the place in the last while - people are spending like its burning a hole in their pockets. A friend works for a large car garage in the midlands and he told me that they had quite an oversupply of used cars. From may to July, prices within the trade went up 12% and retail prices for used cars went up 15% to 20%. He said that he and the other sales people were sceptical that cars might not sell at increased prices but they haven't had a used car left to sell in the last 2 weeks. They sell new, a brand of car that is in relatively good supply compared to other brands (5 months + for a ford or vw now), yet they have so many orders for new cars that they just cannot guarantee having them by the end of February.

Last time I checked, between live register and numbers of people on pup we have a live register similar to 2008. If you were to do a sounding of moods and attitudes across the country you'd think that we were in the depths of recession with a lot of worry about inflation, oil prices, food prices etc. Not the booming economy that many retailers are showing.

I don't mind saying but I've lost my wallet twice or three times in the last few months because I use it so rarely. A huge section of the population has gone from spending money five days a week because it was convenient for them to not going anywhere for days at a time.

There's less being spent on car running costs cos you're not driving to work, food because you eat from the fridge not the deli counter, clothes because you're wearing the same tracksuit pants under the desk for the last 6 months, drink because you've gotten used to drinking at home, the list goes on and on. Monday to Friday last week I went to the village dropping/collecting kids and my mrs the same plus a trip to the supermarket.

but wages havent dropped so people have more money to spend on bigger ticket items, cars, building work around the home etc, this demand, coupled with supply chain issues is driving prices sky high

You'd wonder where people are getting the money? There has been a major slow down for a huge proportion of the economy for 6 of the last 21 months. Your brothers deal could be a once off but we hear about deals like that all over the place in the last while - people are spending like its burning a hole in their pockets. A friend works for a large car garage in the midlands and he told me that they had quite an oversupply of used cars. From may to July, prices within the trade went up 12% and retail prices for used cars went up 15% to 20%. He said that he and the other sales people were sceptical that cars might not sell at increased prices but they haven't had a used car left to sell in the last 2 weeks. They sell new, a brand of car that is in relatively good supply compared to other brands (5 months + for a ford or vw now), yet they have so many orders for new cars that they just cannot guarantee having them by the end of February.

Last time I checked, between live register and numbers of people on pup we have a live register similar to 2008. If you were to do a sounding of moods and attitudes across the country you'd think that we were in the depths of recession with a lot of worry about inflation, oil prices, food prices etc. Not the booming economy that many retailers are showing.
The pubs were closed shur 👀

Lots of savings built up. A fair proportion of the workforce continued to work throughout Covid earning a decent wage and spending very little.
Still though, is there no element of saving for a rainy day, its all smells a bit like the time the SSIA accounts were cashed, and that didnt end well.
We didnt have a worldwide pandemic then either.

I looked at replacing a few pieces of machinery this year, partially to manage tax and also they were aging, anything I enquired about secondhand was gone before I got a chance to look at it and new stuff cant be got for 6-12 months, I'll be topping up my pension instead but if I could I would upgrade!

Still though, is there no element of saving for a rainy day, its all smells a bit like the time the SSIA accounts were cashed, and that didnt end well.
We didnt have a worldwide pandemic then either.
A lot of people don't save consistently, it's a fairly well documented phenomenon.

Back