Buying New Holland 8340 SLE

you are giving her the full treatment. did you sand blast it or just sander?
The paint looked fairly decent in your earlier pic.
Grinder and wire brush and sander after. Had only intended to touch it up as paint was ok on it just a few small spots of rust. But after i sanded it in wasnt happy with paint that was on it as seemed to be a good few rust spots under the paint so just went back to bare metal. Would have got them blasted but was never the intention to go that far.

Good man. Will you give the steps a bit of a pull to finish it off?
Probably will when i get a chance. Still few other jobs as well i want to get done like getting seat covered and front mudguard skins but i havent time at the minute i need to get her out.

Yes it is actually. Was a bit of a mistake lad give me wrong colour in auto factors and decided to use it when it was there. I think it looks well.

Yes it is actually. Was a bit of a mistake lad give me wrong colour in auto factors and decided to use it when it was there. I think it looks well.
It looks very well, I would have went with the original Ford blue colour myself, but thats just me.

Thinking of changing the 8340 for something else. Seems to jynxed with me just cant get a run of luck with it. Any ideas what she could be replaced with for similar money ?

Thinking of changing the 8340 for something else. Seems to jynxed with me just cant get a run of luck with it. Any ideas what she could be replaced with for similar money ?
60 series could be worth a shot. similar age, same engine, and seem to be around the same value. whats the issues with yours?

If staying Ford/NH TM120/135 would be the natural progression, but hard to get a low houred examples at value.
A MF 6290 might be worth looking at

What's similar money if you don't mind us asking?

60 series could be worth a shot. similar age, same engine, and seem to be around the same value. whats the issues with yours?
Cant keep the oil in it for any length of time. Hydraulic pump is the main culprit. On attempt number 4 now. I wouldnt mind a weep but she keeps developing fairly sizeable leaks. Have been looking at the the 60 series to be honest hard to get a tidy one by looks of it though.

If staying Ford/NH TM120/135 would be the natural progression, but hard to get a low houred examples at value.
A MF 6290 might be worth looking at
Would like a TM but its near impossible to find a good one on a budget at this stage. Never was a massey man but would be one to consider.

What's similar money if you don't mind us asking?
Not exactly sure what will be able to get for her. Probably be asking in the low 20s if i advertise it. Have around 5k into her this year at this stage and an extensive list of parts.

Back