Caddy replacement 3 seater

Congratulations on the new arrival, big changes ahead for you both. Was in a similar situation myself a few years ago, I found the small 3 seater vans to be neither one thing nor another. You might be alright with a carry seat for a small baby but a proper car seat is too big for them, there isn't enough room for one and a fully grown passenger. I ended up buying a SWB Transporter, we had a SWB Transit as well for a while, we also have a 2 seater Caddy, I'd agree with @ithastopay's post above, either an estate car or a proper van would be the way to go. The bigger vans are far nicer to drive than the smaller ones too in my opinion.

Congratulations on the new arrival, big changes ahead for you both. Was in a similar situation myself a few years ago, I found the small 3 seater vans to be neither one thing nor another. You might be alright with a carry seat for a small baby but a proper car seat is too big for them, there isn't enough room for one and a fully grown passenger. I ended up buying a SWB Transporter, we had a SWB Transit as well for a while, we also have a 2 seater Caddy, I'd agree with @ithastopay's post above, either an estate car or a proper van would be the way to go. The bigger vans are far nicer to drive than the smaller ones too in my opinion.

yea a friend of mine sold his caddy and bought a transporter. I might have a look at his one day to see what kinda room he has in it. He has a 6 month old.

yea a friend of mine sold his caddy and bought a transporter. I might have a look at his one day to see what kinda room he has in it. He has a 6 month old.

Congragulations on your great news .
What do you really need a van for ?

Last edited:
The one I had was an 06 2.2 and averaged about 36mpg

I have a problem in my right ankle that causes my foot to point towards the floor too.

I'd assume newer ones must be in the 40s easy enough

Back