Calving camera

No as I think it’s illegal for security cameras to come with sound. Has to be installed after. Could be wrong.
Ya that’s what they were saying it also has to do with because it’s waterproof with a microphone it wouldn’t be or somthing

i have a few of these put in or similar for family and friends, the brand name changes every so often but the camera remains the same, it s all chinese stuff anyway
find them good, only 4 x zoom but they arent to dear and seem reliable
very easy install and are p2p so just install camhi on your phone and scan cameras barcode and off you go, no port forwarding or dynamic DNS or anything like that
now the Chinese are probably keeping an eye on your cows for you as well but sure who cares :)

i have a few of these put in or similar for family and friends, the brand name changes every so often but the camera remains the same, it s all chinese stuff anyway
find them good, only 4 x zoom but they arent to dear and seem reliable
very easy install and are p2p so just install camhi on your phone and scan cameras barcode and off you go, no port forwarding or dynamic DNS or anything like that
now the Chinese are probably keeping an eye on your cows for you as well but sure who cares :)
I done the same, I installed the same one as vanderbadger and also a few ctronics cameras - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ctronics-S...ords=euronics+ptz&qid=1614254759&s=diy&sr=1-3
They're all much the same and have similar prices and fairly simple to set up. You save a lot of money when compared to one professionally installed.

I have the camera that @muckymanor
has on his recommendation this last 2 years and find it great.
Have also gotten another 8 of them in for neighbours and they're all happy too with a few giving up their Moocall subscription this year as they reckon the camera is a much better job.

Hi just wondering how you got on with the that camera ? Was it worth it ?
It's grand, does the job ok. I'll get a few screenshots over the weekend. I made bits of my phone during the week and haven't reloaded everything yet

It's grand, does the job ok. I'll get a few screenshots over the weekend. I made bits of my phone during the week and haven't reloaded everything yet
For the money it’s a now drainer Was pricing some fancy ones but can’t justify the cost really for what I want it for thanks

80963F93-9588-4857-8EED-C3A497113320.jpegLooking to get a camera for lambing this year, the shed is 64x50 a roof with stanchions up the middle as above, 4 bay double with a feed passage. Will 2 cameras be the minimum to work it? Are all the camera much the same once they’re 5mp?

Could you position a PTZ somewhere centrally to get 360deg vision - you'll have a few small blind spots behind the stanchions but might not be limiting to your requirements?
If not, I'd be looking at 2 PTZ cameras centrally located on the left and right walls.

Could you position a PTZ somewhere centrally to get 360deg vision - you'll have a few small blind spots behind the stanchions but might not be limiting to your requirements?
If not, I'd be looking at 2 PTZ cameras centrally located on the left and right walls.
I'd go with your 2nd plan. My first thought was diagonal corners.

Remember. I said eBay UK so you will need parcel motel or similar or else be prepared to pay the extra postage (probably not that much)
The link is dead now, what does the camera look like so I can see if they are still available?

I have an old wifi dongle that I'm thinking of using with a gsm calving camera, so im just wondering will an ordinary phone sim work in the router or do i need a data sim ?

I have an old wifi dongle that I'm thinking of using with a gsm calving camera, so im just wondering will an ordinary phone sim work in the router or do i need a data sim ?
Ordinary sim, I use 48 sim. Put sim into a phone first and disable the sim pin on the sim card. Those small stick type dongles might not be strong enough. Upload speed is important for calving camera.

Ordinary sim, I use 48 sim. Put sim into a phone first and disable the sim pin on the sim card. Those small stick type dongles might not be strong enough. Upload speed is important for calving camera.
Ah its a router i meant to say, it will have a cable to the camera. Whats the minimum upload speed needed ?

Ah its a router i meant to say, it will have a cable to the camera. Whats the minimum upload speed needed ?
Can't remember, you could just pop in the sim card of your phone into the router just to check try it for an hour too, but you might need a sim card adapter if slot isn't same size as card.

Back