Calving camera

The Man

Need to install a calving camera setup soon no WiFi nearby gonna need put in mobile broadband. Is it worth getting a proper crowd in priced a local electrician 1050 including vat look like a could get a decent Ptz camera off eBay and WiFi dongle for €400 how hard would it be to set up if anyone’s done it? Thanks

Need to install a calving camera setup soon no WiFi nearby gonna need put in mobile broadband. Is it worth getting a proper crowd in priced a local electrician 1050 including vat look like a could get a decent Ptz camera off eBay and WiFi dongle for €400 how hard would it be to set up if anyone’s done it? Thanks

40 euro ptz WiFi cameras off eBay UK here. Prepaid Vodafone dongle for 100. Its as easy as plugging them in and downloading the app.

At E40 , if it did the season , you couldn't go wrong.
I started with a 60 euro camera in 2017. It gave up during the summer of 2018. The cogs went on the rotator. Got advice from someone about the cheaper camera. Its easier to set up, has a better picture and has a security monitoring set up which can be set to take pictures or videos if the sensor is triggered and send a message through the app if you want. The 30 euro camera is being sold by many suppliers for big money and it is proving to be reliable. Mine is ready to go again for another winter.

I started with a 60 euro camera in 2017. It gave up during the summer of 2018. The cogs went on the rotator. Got advice from someone about the cheaper camera. Its easier to set up, has a better picture and has a security monitoring set up which can be set to take pictures or videos if the sensor is triggered and send a message through the app if you want. The 30 euro camera is being sold by many suppliers for big money and it is proving to be reliable. Mine is ready to go again for another winter.
Link mucky.

Link mucky.

Remember. I said eBay UK so you will need parcel motel or similar or else be prepared to pay the extra postage (probably not that much)

Just an update to this finally got around to installing a calving camera. Small moneys job I got the cameras of amazone uk for €70 each picture is excellent the night vision is very good no need to leave a light on the only thing I’ll say is I doubt you’d be able to zoom in enough to read a tag but that’s more than I need the 360 degree movement and tilting means I can watch two different sheds with the same camera was just as simple as downloading an app and conecting up to the WiFi I’ve only one set up will do the other at the weekend. I’ve it on my phone brothers phone and a tablet at home very handy. Just got a mobile dongle in three for €90 with the first months data only hassle was about a days working I had to run cable from the fuse box to where I put the cameras then I got 2 large junction boxes fitted the sockets inside them just to keep the sockets and dongle dry. Total spend for 2 ptz cameras fitted was 140 for the 2 cameras 90 for the dongle and 170 for the electrical bits and pieces. All in €400 money well spent great piece of mind to be able to watch what’s going on at how when your away.https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088H4YLDM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Attachments

• 65933121-736A-4D94-BED8-2B6DCCDE1D1E.jpeg
    65933121-736A-4D94-BED8-2B6DCCDE1D1E.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 98
Bought a Flourean 5MP 5 x Zoom PTZ Camera last year for around €100 for lambing. Got it from amazon and it was well worth it. Was looking to buy a second one but that brand has gone off the market since. Even though the box came with no brand name. Going to try a CTRONICs one in the same spec for much the same price. I presume all these cameras are much the same, made in china and someone just puts a brand name onto them? They even work on the same apps.

Attachments

• 4D09FFA9-37A8-4A70-B753-46B25AC1A021.jpeg
    4D09FFA9-37A8-4A70-B753-46B25AC1A021.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
looking to upgrade the calving camera here and want to get in on the phone,so I got a quote for a fixed camera and a transmitter box I think he said it was,fit it my self for €365 or €500 to get it fitted ...

The 1 we have is good but can’t be put onto the phone

When viewing online what website do you use

I know you have to open the ports on the router but not sure after that

Do you have one? Would be very handy to use a payg SIM card for a few months of calving
No just saw them on eBay looks v handy besides having to use a router or similar. I hav a cheaper @muckymanor (any sign of him to come back was always v informative and helpful) setup works well for me.

We had another camera before this 1 with a transmitter on gable end of the shed and another 1 on gable end of the house,and it is still there but tryed the camera the other day and it want working on it.if I got a new camera would it work I wonder it’s there around 9 or 10 years ?

Something i thought of recently was using a drone to check on cows calving, has anyone ever tried this or know or someone of doing it

Does anyone know the best way to get wifi from the house to the shed (about 25 metres) for a camera? I currently use a netgear wifi extender but it’s not the best with weather and barely reaches

Are they Also know as a router,I was told all I needed was a transmitter on the side of the shed and another on side of the house (in sight of each other ) and then a router in the house where I have WiFi and that would send it to my phone ...

Back