Calving camera

Are they Also know as a router,I was told all I needed was a transmitter on the side of the shed and another on side of the house (in sight of each other ) and then a router in the house where I have WiFi and that would send it to my phone ...

You can get your ip camera of choice, plug it into your house router first. Download the phone app and get it working.

See above post m8, they are two little white boxes. Put one on the house, the other facing it on the shed.
Put cable from router into the house one and cable from camera into the shed one.
Job done, your shed camera is now effectively plugged into your house router and will be available on the phone app.

I know like everything else, it's easier write it down than do it. :lol:

Reactions: Paw
Thanks for that . I have 2 white boxes up before so if I just got s camera and the router would it work on my old system I wonder 🤔

Thanks for that . I have 2 white boxes up before so if I just got s camera and the router would it work on my old system I wonder 🤔
you need to figure out have you an IP camera system or the older system its called TTL system or TTV system, get the model number of your camera and check that for starters

I’ve a neighbour who has an older type setup connected to the tv but the camera stopped working. Will these sender and receiver types work with the new ip ptz camera by connecting the transmitter at the house to the router and forgetting about the tv?

Attachments

• FDA5ECEC-F35E-4562-90C2-29BAB15DD1E4.jpeg
    FDA5ECEC-F35E-4562-90C2-29BAB15DD1E4.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 99BD7B5F-93A4-4E08-B49E-2581BFD14320.jpeg
    99BD7B5F-93A4-4E08-B49E-2581BFD14320.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 2DEA9208-5517-40CA-B2CB-2D0292D5F632.jpeg
    2DEA9208-5517-40CA-B2CB-2D0292D5F632.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I’ve a neighbour who has an older type setup connected to the tv but the camera stopped working. Will these sender and receiver types work with the new ip ptz camera by connecting the transmitter at the house to the router and forgetting about the tv?

Pretty sure that wouldn't work. Those type transmit the actual video and sound "feed" from a camera to a tv.

I kind of thought that but was hoping it’d work and save money😂thanks

If the original tv and the transmitter/receiver are still working, then a dirt cheap analog camera or maybe just a camera power supply might get him back in business. That looks like decent wireless gear.

Last edited:
For the odds of a tenner a month top up I wouldn't be bothered trying to transmit WiFi from the house those broadband transmitters are temperamental enough just get a three mobile dongle.

For the odds of a tenner a month top up I wouldn't be bothered trying to transmit WiFi from the house those broadband transmitters are temperamental enough just get a three mobile dongle.
The broadband is good in this area since the fibre came. Considering the camera is used all year round it’d be €120 a year on top up for €10 a month and still have a bill to the house for broadband as well. The transmitters are €140 once off payment. The transmitters work out better value in the long run

Nothing temperamental apart from the purchaser and the installer. If you buy a quality product like Ubiquiti, and install it per the instructions, it will work perfectly.
Quite the opposite, having fibre broadband in the house `and buying a Three dongle is the pursuit of temperamental and an additional bill.

Mine has been absolutely faultless in 6 years since I 1st plugged it in,I use mine for teamviewer on my parlour pc that runs 24/7,also gives me wi-fi around the yard for my so-off device’s and camera.

That transmitter and camera is very similar to mine pmoran245 .
So that system can’t be put onto the phone for sure ?..

This is my broadband receiver, it’s doing 9 miles line of sight to the transmitter. It’s all ubiquity equipment
What type of setup is that? I'm guessing a local node setup as opposed to LTE.

What type of setup is that? I'm guessing a local node setup as opposed to LTE.
Yes it’s not LTE. Localish company called Airband, started out supplying internet via long range Wi-fi but are now installing fibre in many locations and have spread their wings country wide.

There is a good crowd in little island doing very good cameras they are expensive but worth it 360 zoom waterproof 19 times zoom infrared u can read a tag number in the black dark at the other side of the shed witch is about 5 bays camera in the middle of shed and u can watch them anywhere in the world some job

Finished this off (more or less) this evening, just need to adjust the cameras a little more, 4 cameras, nvr to link it to tv and also on phone apps etc, running through a pair of tp-link nano stations from the house broadband. Ran to around €400 odd but that’s it done, no having to top up SIM cards or anything afterwards! Fixed cameras but giving a good enough view that you’d be able to see anything happening. Still have one camera to put up just haven’t decided exactly where yet!
Cameras are cheap and cheerful ip cameras but easy to upgrade in future if we want to. They are also Poe cameras so the data cable also powers them which saved a whole pile of wiring!70D4C041-684E-44D3-8E88-BE46E4B98B82.png

Back