Calving camera

Finished this off (more or less) this evening, just need to adjust the cameras a little more, 4 cameras, nvr to link it to tv and also on phone apps etc, running through a pair of tp-link nano stations from the house broadband. Ran to around €400 odd but that’s it done, no having to top up SIM cards or anything afterwards! Fixed cameras but giving a good enough view that you’d be able to see anything happening. Still have one camera to put up just haven’t decided exactly where yet!
Cameras are cheap and cheerful ip cameras but easy to upgrade in future if we want to. They are also Poe cameras so the data cable also powers them which saved a whole pile of wiring!View attachment 87172
Do they have zoom and 360 degree rotation and what bout sound

Do they have zoom and 360 degree rotation and what bout sound
Nope just basic fixed domes, but the wiring is there now so could upgrade in future if we want to, we have one ptz at the front of the shed, but it’s limited enough and lags and freezes a good bit compared to these which are just there all the time. If anything is happening we’d more than likely head out anyway but atleast if you wake up in the middle of the night you can see without getting out of the bed

There is a good crowd in little island doing very good cameras they are expensive but worth it 360 zoom waterproof 19 times zoom infrared u can read a tag number in the black dark at the other side of the shed witch is about 5 bays camera in the middle of shed and u can watch them anywhere in the world some job
Have you a company name or price for them?

Is that equicom in little island?
Bought the 5km wireless off them 5 years ago. Ptz camera. €995.
Added another ptz 2 years ago. €350

Is that equicom in little island?
Bought the 5km wireless off them 5 years ago. Ptz camera. €995.
Added another ptz 2 years ago. €350
Is there a record function on them ? Anything stopping a prowler just pulling the plug ? See them advertise a rotating one for 665 but not sure is installation included or not

Can anyone recommend a ptz camera, I need to replace mine
Look up
That is a rip off
ya it seems that but it’s 100 percent worth it for what you get 3 o’clock in the morning black dark u can look around the hole shed and see everything and check everything’s ok and whenever your away from the farm you can watch them and know nothings wrong

Can anyone recommend a ptz camera, I need to replace mine
Look up the other thread on cameras and see the one for 30 quid on eBay. A few people on here have bought them now and finding them good. You mightn't read tags at the other end of the shed but you'll see what's going on day or night without having lights on. Mine is into its third year now and never a bother with it. Very easy to set up too. I bought a second one as a spare and still have not needed to take it out of the box.

Look up the other thread on cameras and see the one for 30 quid on eBay. A few people on here have bought them now and finding them good. You mightn't read tags at the other end of the shed but you'll see what's going on day or night without having lights on. Mine is into its third year now and never a bother with it. Very easy to set up too. I bought a second one as a spare and still have not needed to take it out of the box.
Can u do a 360 spin with them and can u watch them on your phone.great to be able to zoom in to see calf’s legs if the calf is coming out the right way.

Look up equicom on google there from cork you’ll get a good one there all prices show too
Mental money, the white ptz looks identical to the sircam one I had and it cost a fraction of the asking price there.
I dropped mine when I went to reposition it and smashed it unfortunately.

Mental money, the white ptz looks identical to the sircam one I had and it cost a fraction of the asking price there.
I dropped mine when I went to reposition it and smashed it unfortunately.
It sounds it but trust me in the long term it’s not we went for 18or 19 times zoom that’s the max you can get but that did cost a bit more aswell we have 1 in the cow shed and 1 in the calving house we recently built a new 9 bay cow house and without question we are definitely buying another one for it and it also won’t cost as much because it’s more expensive at the start because you must buy the receivers and the boxes for in your house.

20200722_175336.jpg
This is the back of one of my cameras, would anyone have a link to a suitable replacment? One power wire and one camera wire going into it. Part number is on the sticker, hard to find a reasonable replacement.

Can u do a 360 spin with them and can u watch them on your phone.great to be able to zoom in to see calf’s legs if the calf is coming out the right way.
They do a 355 movement. There's a good zoom on it. No problem seeing a cow calving or a calf sucking for peace of mind. Much lighter on the pocket and easy for a diy install. If you can use a smart phone then you'll be able to install it. You should try one!

Screenshot_20210225-080127.png

Just noticed that my barrier attachment to stop calves jumping through has been penetrated

Screenshot_20210225-080201.pngScreenshot_20210225-080441.png

Last edited:
They do a 355 movement. There's a good zoom on it. No problem seeing a cow calving or a calf sucking for peace of mind. Much lighter on the pocket and easy for a diy install. If you can use a smart phone then you'll be able to install it. You should try one!

View attachment 87941

Just noticed that my barrier attachment to stop calves jumping through has been penetrated

View attachment 87942View attachment 87943
Ya I installed the other ones myself aswell but too late now because I have the setup(the boxes and stuff in my house) and different cameras would have a different setup

They’re very helpful on the phone too.
I move mine to the gable end of the shed and can see cows bulling in the fields around the yard in the spring.
If it was mounted 20ft higher I’d see everything for miles around.

They’re very helpful on the phone too.
I move mine to the gable end of the shed and can see cows bulling in the fields around the yard in the spring.
If it was mounted 20ft higher I’d see everything for miles around.
Are they the equicom ones

Back