Cap 2023-2027

Hi ozzy Scott. Do u know the requirements to qualify for the payment. I took over the home farm at the end of November 2010. I didn't get any instalation aid. Will I qualify. Thank you
Still only soundings, but I assume its a done deal if its in the IFJ

Reactions: t77
Got a letter from the department today about CAP 2023, presume everyone else did as well.
Am I right in saying that, for a farmer in the ANC scheme, he/she will have to keep more stock than they are currently keeping in order to satisfy the minimum stocking requirements under the new ANC scheme, as it looks like most cattle will count as less of a livestock unit than they currently do?

Got a letter from the department today about CAP 2023, presume everyone else did as well.
Am I right in saying that, for a farmer in the ANC scheme, he/she will have to keep more stock than they are currently keeping in order to satisfy the minimum stocking requirements under the new ANC scheme, as it looks like most cattle will count as less of a livestock unit than they currently do?

I got it yesterday, I never noticed the livestock units had been changed, you're correct, you will have to keep more stock to qualify.

What's this about the eco scheme and 2022 being used as a reference year, will the number of livestock units determine how much you get paid or will everyone get the same if they are between 0.15 and 1.5

Is there a typo in the table about max farm fertilisation rates?

Derogation farmers spread less than the next category down??

It was a bit of a waste of a letter to be honest, everything pushed out till Q3 2022.

Could there be a major rethinking of the cap now that Europe is unstable again. Has this war shown that we can’t rely on other nations for our resources?

Could there be a major rethinking of the cap now that Europe is unstable again. Has this war shown that we can’t rely on other nations for our resources?
Things will have to get a lot worse before that happens unfortunately.

Absolutely, all back to spring barley for me anyway, I was sowing spring and winter barley, pain to get contractor back at different times for small acreage.

Dont cast your decision in stone yet. Crop diversification may be needed for your greening part under the new CAP.

Did anyone else have a look at their Space for Nature figures that were published on agfood in the last 10 days?

They look very high for here anyway.

Did anyone else have a look at their Space for Nature figures that were published on agfood in the last 10 days?

What do you rate as high? Mine is 36%. Have a lot of hedgerows, several ring forts that are completely overgrown and a pile of scrub on land that I rented last year that I plan to remove this coming year - so I can do a lot of tidying up and still qualify

Ours is low according to the online figure (barely 5% I’d say). According to our Teagasc advisor, these figures will need to be checked by everyone as the online measurements are likely to be inaccurate (based on past experiences with automated measurement of hedges etc).

We received permission to remove our last remaining non-boundary hedge earlier this year. It’ll be replaced on a boundary where only a wire fence exists between ourselves and a neighbour. Might aswell go for its removal now as such activities will likely become more difficult in the future.

What do you rate as high? Mine is 36%. Have a lot of hedgerows, several ring forts that are completely overgrown and a pile of scrub on land that I rented last year that I plan to remove this coming year - so I can do a lot of tidying up and still qualify

It is 18% but there are some amendments from this year to be made. Even with those made, I'm still on 15% or so.

I'm not complaining, the small fields here finally are proving useful!!

If any changes have to be made for what Cork says I'd hope they will keep me in the 10 to 12% mark. Achieving the other requirements for the old greening payment would not be simple here.

I dont see how the limiting fertiliser usage works on a mixed farm if I'm being honest.

I am on 10.9% but they do not include some natural wood mostly sally trees and some ash . Given the size of some of our fields I am surprised.

I'm on 61.85%, hopefully there'll be payments for it now. I got cut a good bit this past few years because of it.

2.21% here which makes no sence at all. We have a wooded area of 2.5 he’s in the middle of the farm which seems to be excluded from the calculation, it is not a planted wood and has never drawn any premiums.

Does this count as one of your two things you need to do for greening payment?, only 4.9% here but that's only hedges in tillage fields, I should be well over 10% when grass fields are included.

Back