CAP

Looks like going by the ifj were going down 20% if we dont get greener.
Probably be the end of the enviromental schemes payout and you only will get full single farm if you do all the green bits

Looks like going by the ifj were going down 20% if we dont get greener.
Probably be the end of the enviromental schemes payout and you only will get full single farm if you do all the green bits
Do you have a ruf idea of what the green bits are?

Just going by the "pravada " it talked about planting native trees , reducing fertiliser and sprays nutrient plan , rewetting. Wouldnt suprise me if they wanted slurry treated to reduce ammonia levels and injected.and probaly the greens will get to reduce the herd.
The dutch had to reduce there p levels a few yr ago but they new it was coming and for the want of a better description they overstocked that with the p quotas that came in they ended up more or less where they wanted to be

Anybody know the new rules which we have to do to qualify for our bps now?

Surely the big one is going to be derogation and reducing stocking numbers to remain within the Nitrates limits. There's also talk of reducing the limit to below 170kg. The greens have mooted the idea in recent times that every farmer should plant a small amount of native trees any maybe some us us will get away with maintaining hedgerows (We have acres of trees if you add up all the hedgerows).
Rewetting is only for farmed peatland as far as I am aware. It may impact us personally as we have small patches of bogland through the farm that we farm but I suspect that when they talk about rewetting, they are going to focus on large areas of bogland such as bord na mona peat extraction sites and the farmland surrounding them as well as floodplains and callows as opposed to 10 to 15 acre sites in drumlin areas.
Beyond that we will see the usual suspects like fertilizer reduction and spray reduction. More lime spreading and low emission slurry spreading will be on the cards too.

I have no problem with the above list of complaints but who is going to submit all the paper work on a yearly base and more importantly who will pay for it. I will give a guess and me and you, how much extra will this cost us ?

Surely the big one is going to be derogation and reducing stocking numbers to remain within the Nitrates limits. There's also talk of reducing the limit to below 170kg. The greens have mooted the idea in recent times that every farmer should plant a small amount of native trees any maybe some us us will get away with maintaining hedgerows (We have acres of trees if you add up all the hedgerows).
Rewetting is only for farmed peatland as far as I am aware. It may impact us personally as we have small patches of bogland through the farm that we farm but I suspect that when they talk about rewetting, they are going to focus on large areas of bogland such as bord na mona peat extraction sites and the farmland surrounding them as well as floodplains and callows as opposed to 10 to 15 acre sites in drumlin areas.
Beyond that we will see the usual suspects like fertilizer reduction and spray reduction. More lime spreading and low emission slurry spreading will be on the cards too.
The teagasc guy in our discussion group was saying there is a scheme coming maybe next year where there will be funding towards getting soil tests done and training on how to get the best from the results.

I didn't use tesgasc this year at all. They were all cocooning so done sfp online myself.
They are looking for 350 for next year again. I think I'll let them whistle

I didn't use tesgasc this year at all. They were all cocooning so done sfp online myself.
I always do my own sfp. I still use teagasc for discussion group. Have a good advisor there and he is always available for advice. I want to stay on their books for the next reps to ensure that I will have a planner. €190 is what I paid them last year.

I always do my own sfp. I still use teagasc for discussion group. Have a good advisor there and he is always available for advice. I want to stay on their books for the next reps to ensure that I will have a planner. €190 is what I paid them last year.
Cant fall out with the neighbour so !!

I'm tempted to leave them too, had to be in for Glas and will probably have to be with them for whatever new schemes come along, other than that soil testing looks like being more a feature going forward.

Would have liked to see enviro get a bigger chunk maybe 45%, but then there would be a whole new level of leaches looking at taking the money off us for advisory. Thats not to say that similar isnt happening at the moment. Our national advisory service must be delighted with recent budget changes and now mandatory soil testing that will achieve little

When will we know what the measures/options are? Had 25 soil samples to take but luckily hadn't got around to taking them yet as they may be part of it/subsidised.

Every 5 years we do the whole farm, for the sake of €15 per sample the price of a ton of fert would go a long way. Think the Dept paid for all sampling when testing was scarce back in the 70s, some fields had never seen lime before.

Every 5 years we do the whole farm, for the sake of €15 per sample the price of a ton of fert would go a long way. Think the Dept paid for all sampling when testing was scarce back in the 70s, some fields had never seen lime before.
I think the Nitrates Directive was changed to every 4 years?

Back