Case 721f problems

Hi everyone, thanks for allowing me to join, I operate a case 721f loading shovel, and the other day I lost transmission, turned machine off and went to start it and battery’s was flat, put 2 brand new battery’s on today, went to tip one bucket and lost transmission again, wouldn’t move forward or back, turned engine off and went to restart, and no power, battery’s dead flat, I’m thinking could be alternator knackered, what’s your thoughts guys?

Hi everyone, thanks for allowing me to join, I operate a case 721f loading shovel, and the other day I lost transmission, turned machine off and went to start it and battery’s was flat, put 2 brand new battery’s on today, went to tip one bucket and lost transmission again, wouldn’t move forward or back, turned engine off and went to restart, and no power, battery’s dead flat, I’m thinking could be alternator knackered, what’s your thoughts guys?
Have you a voltmeter to check what's happening? Something shorting out to drain two new battery's that quick?

Have you a voltmeter to check what's happening? Something shorting out to drain two new battery's that quick?
Must admit the battery leads didn’t fit too well and one is cracked, so I need to check these first, thanks guys for your advice, much appreciated

The charge light on my Volvo has a fault (known F series Volvo fault) so is illuminated all the time,my alternator failed and due to ecu’s,electric injection etc I had a similar problem,I’ve bought a cigarette lighter volt meter now so I can see what’s going on.

Had a guy out today and tested alternator, and it’s shot, nearly £590 for a new one and none of the dealers have any in stock

Modern kit uses so much electric now,it’s not like the old days were you’d get it started and it didn’t a battery etc.

Back